IP Engineering Manager
This position is in Frontier’s Network Activation and Provisioning department. The team is responsible for the implementation of network elements, circuits, and customer services across Frontier’s National IP Network. This role is responsible for the oversight of the ongoing process, procedure, and day to day operation of the IP Network Activation team. This position will also oversee Frontier’s public IP Address Management group. This position will report to the Director of Network Activation.
- Develop and document processes used to provision the IP network
- Monitor and maintain Frontier’s relationship with ARIN
- Develop staffing requirements
- Develop roles and responsibilities
- Develop training requirements, execute training plans
- Manage day to day operation of the IP Network activation teams
- Manage day to day operations of the IP management team
- Manage ongoing maintenance work within the IP network
- Manage work queues and prioritize accordingly
- Develop metrics reporting
- Partner with regional engineering departments to understand priorities
- Must have previous experience managing a team
- Must be able to track a large number of projects
- Must be able to prioritize based on numerous variables
- Must be able to lead remote employees (off-site)
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must be available off-hours for escalations
- Must be able to apply correct resources to escalations in a timely manner
- Must be able to provide constructive feedback to team members (ad-hoc and formal review process)
- Must be able to mentor/train less experienced personnel or other departments
- Must have experience with developing and providing metrics
- Must have experience with managing and speaking to customers
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Minimum 8+ years experience in data environment
- Applicant must have an understanding of Ethernet Switching and MPLS networks
- Applicant must have an understanding of IP routing and related protocols
- Applicant should have experience in: IP Subnetting, Network Design, VoIP, DSL, MPLS, BGP
- Experience with packet optical networks and equipment is preferred.
- Experience with MetaSolve M6 is preferred.
- Written, oral and presentation skills are critical to the position. This position interacts with numerous departments on a daily basis.
- Scripting/Programming skills are a plus
- Experience with provisioning or troubleshooting the following equipment is a plus: Cisco (ASR9010, ASR903, ME3600), Juniper Routers (M, MX, and E series), Alcatel-Lucent (7450, 7210, 7750), Ciena and Coriant Packet Optical equipment.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.