About this role:
This position shall report to the manager of the Traffic Data Collection & Reporting team. This position will help maintain the existing 70,000+ device metrics collections and create/develop new collectors as the network expands & changes. The department consist 10 people, 2 teams. Voice team maintains Legacy TDM, VoIP ,STPs & SBCs. The Data Team maintains and develops collections on legacy equipment DSLAM to CORE. Develops new collections as needed or assigned, example: new HBE and CBRS networks. Primarily responsible for collection and maintenance of data network elements but may include assistance with Voice.
What you’ll do:
- Majority of the time is expected to be spent maintaining existing metrics collections to >95%.
- Resolve issues with collections: Collaborate with NOC , Provisioning and Engineering as needed to resolve issues and develop new collectors
- Maintaining and documenting new collections and maintenance procedures.
- Provide technical leadership guidance to other members of the Traffic Team.
- Support NOC , Provisioning and Engineering teams to assist with issues that maybe needed beyond impact to collection and reporting.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in coding. (Unix shell scripting( Linux & Solaris) , PERL, TCL/Expect, Python, SQL).
- Knowledge of database scripting and knowledgeable with Oracle and MySQL.
- Ability to work independently and in teams, prioritizing multiple projects, issues and tasks with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of data and/or voice networks, network equipment and analysis tools.
- Previous experience in telecommunication company ideal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent working experience (5+ years) demonstrating the skills needed for the job.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, at this time, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.