Sr Java Developer
Sr Java Developer - Job description
Summary of Position
Frontier Communications is looking for a talented Senior IT Development Specialist who can deliver high-performance and intuitively designed applications using a wide range of modern technologies and practices. The Senior Developer’s responsibilities include participating in the entire software development life cycle to design, create and deploy applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for implementing technical solutions for customer care and service troubleshooting using Pega applications, REST APIs, Oracle SQL and other open sources and java frameworks.
- Hands on experience developing, deploying and supporting high-availability applications in production.
- Consulting with business analysts to understand requirements, develop, test and debug applications.
- Lead technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, and detailed design specifications to ensuring that architecture standards are followed
- Analyze, design and/or develop best practice business changes through technology solutions
- Identify key performance alerts provided by the system and understand how to resolve the underlying issue
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in Java development, Java frameworks and enterprise applications deployment.
- Experience writing and consuming REST /JSON web services and SOAP /XML web services.
- Knowledge of SQL query language and experience working with SQL Database systems preferably Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of Object-oriented Analysis and Design (OOA and OOD).
- Good working knowledge on Enterprise Class structure, security models, and service interfaces
- Good knowledge of Agile Development and DevOps model using JIRA / Jenkins.
- Ability to Analyze logs, Debug and Troubleshoot issues as well as analyze and resolve slow performance issues.
- Experience working with PEGA Systems applications is a plus.
- Extended night and/or weekend hours possible. This has on-call responsibility.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.