Application/System Administrator for OSP Applications Group
We are looking for an Application/Systems Administrator to work within Frontier’s OSP Systems, Applications, and Analytics team that primarily supports FROGS and GAP applications. This group is responsible for all GIS (Geographical Information Systems) data related to Frontier’s Outside Plant (OSP) Network. This position consists of, but is not limited to, managing and maintaining a complex set of applications running on multiple servers (both physical and virtual) around FROGS and GAP and the GIS data contained within them.
Primary duties will include installation, patching, upgrading, and testing of new releases for various in-house and 3rd party applications running within the OSP Systems, Applications, and Analytics group. Additional duties will be coordination with IT System OS and DBA groups in the maintenance of system hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
The person will be accountable for the following:
- New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or medical exemption accommodation.
- Perform daily system monitoring such as reviewing system and application logs, verifying the completion of scheduled tasks, and checking system health.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve application issues. Open tickets with internal IT staff and 3rd party vendors to resolve application issues.
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and recovery procedures and documentation for all software and hardware used within GIS group.
- Contribute and maintain system standards.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning for software and hardware.
Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems is required. Previous usage with GIS applications, Oracle and/or PostgreSQL databases, and various scripting/coding languages is desired.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.