Analyst, Payroll Accounting
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Job Title: Analyst, Payroll Accounting (Unclaimed Property)
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Perform timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end variance analysis on department actuals versus budget.
- Perform timely monthly general ledger account reconciliations and prepare required journal entries.
- Assist with yearly department budget and maintain any changes throughout the year.
- Perform assigned daily, monthly, and quarterly internal departmental audits.
- Assist with other internal and external audits as requested.
- Respond to employment termination information requests.
- Investigate and respond to check clearing bank issues.
- Review and authorize check voids and stop payments.
- Ensure department is in compliance with all SOX requirements.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent discipline
* 2-4 year’s relevant experience
* Possess a high level of analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work independently
* Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of business tools with above average proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
*Unclaimed Property experience preferred.
Accounting degree, analytical ski
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.