Facilities Administrator B
Title: FACILITIES ADMINISTRATOR B
Location: Beckley, WV
Perform detailed work on outside plant work orders to place, rearrange, or remove facilities; make field trips and customer contacts. Prepare manual drawings and compile data required for the preparation of plans or work order drawings. Operate company vehicles as required. Perform such work under minimum supervision.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare diagrams, schematics, work orders, and maintain records by performing graphic or drafting functions from rough sketches in designing, constructing, updating, and maintaining maps, logs, drawings, graphs, charts, land base drawings and schematics that comprise engineering OSP records, and other drawings detailing electronics, copper, conduit and fiber facilities to name a few.
- The use of standard lettering and drafting techniques utilizing Computer Assisted Drafting Design (CADD) tool including, but not limited to FROGS along with free hand drafting to prepare and maintain records.
- Making accounting record adjustments and performing miscellaneous duties with regard to engineering and outside plant records.
- Respond to requests for loop make-up and other engineering outside plant information (e.g., underground locates of telephone facilities); response may require calculating accurate cable make-ups, loop lengths, and correct qualification codes. Response process may also require the preparation and input of information into appropriate Company systems.
- Active use and update of mechanized support systems. Use of these systems include the need to update records from engineering work orders, evaluate and resolve data errors, prepare cable transfer sheets or rewire sheets, build terminal, facility addresses, cable information, and post air pressurization devices.
- Serve as DON/RMA coordinator from receipt to release. This may include identifying RMA load; screening all engineering RMAs for resolution and/or referral to Engineering Assistants; assigning and releasing all Delayed Order Notices (DONs); updating the necessary associated systems, monitoring Held for Cable reports for engineering missed appointments and updating appropriate systems as necessary; and correcting and updating data bases as required in connection with service order activity.
- Act as single point of contact for engineering with internal customers, for handoffs, facility checks, inquiries, information requests, etc.
- Receive all calls regarding address verification. Correct and update NTAS database, dispatching field Engineering Assistants if necessary. Ensure that NTAS database is accurate for download to 911 database.
- Respond to all ISDN, ADSL, and CLEC requests for unbundling; i.e., receive requests, provide necessary loop qualification information, etc.
- Update appropriate systems to reflect any Clear Defective Pairs (CDP) requests. Prepare CDP copy in system and status orders as PRE to dispatch a technician for pair clearance on service order activity.
- Proficient in the use of DPI. This includes inputting work items, identifying and tracking workload in and out of engineering, monitoring DPI to ensure the receipt of downloaded orders, and report generation.
- Recognize, understand, interpret and post information from engineering work orders to databases and cable plats, including all new technology such as Litespan, fiber applications, various pair gain systems, etc.
- Utilize information from engineering work orders to input into mechanized pricing systems (e.g. CMA). Retrieve output from pricing system and incorporate into completed engineering work order package.
- Work with local utility companies, local municipalities, and highway departments to support the right of way and permit processes.
- Prepare vouchers.
- Prepare CWO and other specialized cost tracking orders for customer billing and administrative purposes. This would include (but not limited to) recognizing and arranging for the correction of errors, interpretation of orders to prepare pricing, the use of proper internal procedures for cost tracking, and issuing a complete package for final signature approval.
- Operate engineering office equipment, including terminal devices, personal computers, line printers, tape and disk drives, and network components. This includes the capability of inputting and retrieving data and information.
- Analyze facility needs and spare capacity.
- Complete all engineering work order activity and resolve any discrepancies before final posting.
- Build and maintain DSSC database in appropriate Company systems. Assign and release DSSC facility on service orders.
- Recognize and arrange for correction of errors on engineering work orders.
- Field visits and inspections may be required.
- Database Administration required.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Tests – Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Security background investigation may be required.
- Ability to select and read architect scales, triangles, parallel guides, lettering guides, etc.
- Ability to draw floor plan layouts or geographical layouts from sketches.
- Ability to produce legible and accurate records and possess working knowledge of spatial concepts.
- Ability to use a computer terminal and Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs.
- Ability to navigate through Microsoft Windows environment and use Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, both orally and in writing.
- Acceptance of responsibility for talking to and negotiating with customers as well as interacting with other work groups.
- Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. Associates may be required to work evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business necessitate. Non-scheduled days will be required as needs of the business necessitate
- A valid state driver's license is required.
- Required to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Ability to draft in FROGS.
Training generally includes classroom and on-the-job training and, in some cases, may include programmed instructions in new technology. (i.e., Fiber Design, FROGS, Varasset, etc.)
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.