Alt Channel Operations Manager
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Alternate Channels Manager is responsible for delivering world class support to the Alternate Channels sales organization. This individual will work closely with both Residential and Small Business sales channel managers, partners, and leadership team to create and support services to meet customer needs. They will also work closely with Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, Operations and other cross-functional teams who manage wide scale implementation and support. The Alternate Channels Manager is responsible for working with Sales & Finance teams to create product and sales channel compensation plans to create solutions to ensure we deliver optimal performance for revenue, unit and margin.
In addition, responsibilities include strategic and tactical planning, recommendations and suggestions regarding sales tracking and compensation across all segments. This includes analyzing customer, industry and competitive trends to ensure that Frontier is planning for and incorporating critical strategies and processes for our sales partners and internal Alternate Channels sales employees.
The Alternate Channels Manager will provide consistent internal and external communications while promoting the sales experience, value and benefits.
Own initiatives to ensure compensation plans and processes are designed, developed, implemented and managed effectively. Manage the lifecycle including all aspects of new offers, upsell strategy, retention and channel strategy.
- Oversee sales compensation plans for internal Alternate Channel employees and external sales partners
- Monitor and assess sales results to measure impact of compensation plans or grid changes
- Own the process for all communications regarding plan changes and implementation on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Work closely with Finance, IT, marketing, sales, support, management and external partners to deliver optimal products and services.
- Assist in creation of budgets and forecasts while also ensuring product metrics and KPI’s are achieved (unit, revenue, margin, etc.). Identify opportunities and drive performance.
- Analyze basis for compensation opportunities and risks to develop tools and performance actions.
- Propose changes to existing processes that drive revenue growth or cost out of the business. This requires partnering with channel partners and sales.
- Manage the business case development of initiatives under your leadership
- Manage other opportunities on an ad hoc basis.
- 5+ years of Telecommunications and Sales, Finance or Project Management experience
- Advanced Excel analysis skills and ability to use data for various scenario comparisons
- Prior experience understanding compensation elements and key drivers of performance
- Experience in developing analysis for budgeting, project management and accountability for delivering against business goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or related post-graduate degree preferred.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding of business needs, product functionality and Frontier’s capabilities to deliver optimized cost models
- Quick learner with a strong work ethic and decision-making prowess.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions based upon market needs, competitive situations and best ROI (return on investment).
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and results-driven with a passion for delivering the optimal customer experience while making the best use of Frontier’s technology.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Must have strong analytical, reporting and organizational skills.
- Strong experience at using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% as needed to Frontier markets.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.