Customer Premises Equipment Test Engineer
- Evaluate Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) hardware and software features and functionality including Graphical User Interface (GUI), Layer 2 Networking, Layer 3 Networking, Firewall, Port Forwarding, QoS, etc.
- Qualify CPE for integration with access network (DSLAM, BRAS, ACS, etc.)
- Perform regression testing on new firmware for compatibility with existing deployments
- Hands on troubleshooting and debugging of access network issues
- Work with Network Architects and Operations groups to understand testing requirement and provide feedback
- Interface with CPE vendors on reporting issues, testing and troubleshooting
- Develop CPE evaluation plans based device requirements
- Develop configuration guides and MOPs for operations groups
- Document CPE testing configuration and procedure for consistent and repeatable results
- Document detailed CPE evaluation results and provide high level summary
- Document CPE issues and fixes implemented to resolve them
- Experience with Wireshark, iperf, wireline simulators, Spirent traffic generators and other networking test and evaluation tools.
- Experience with networking, routing, firewalls, NAT, VoIP, port forwarding
- Experience with Jira based tools and Confluence to track releases and defects
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, IGMP, Multicast and Subnetting
- Knowledge of ADSL, VDSL, Ethernet, MoCA, BPON, GPON, XGS-PON, Wireless
- Knowledge PPP, VLANs, QoS, ATM
- Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, SIP, RTP, UPNP
- Familiarity with Linux, Python, SQL, Dockers, Cloud services preferred
- 2-4 Years of experience in networking CPE
- Telecommunication Engineering, Network Engineering or Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, both on a proactive, planned, project basis as well as a crisis/problem recovery situation.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-managing.
- Works with minimal supervision and proactively communicates status, issues, and support needs to appropriate manager(s).
- Experience with fast-paced, time-constrained development teams, with ability to multi-task well including priority management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and user focus.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.