Corporate Finance Rotational Program
Corporate Finance Rotational Program
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
The Frontier Communications Corporate Finance Rotation Program affords a unique opportunity for high-potential, experienced finance professionals to join the Finance organization and participate in a multi-year rotation program. Participants will rotate every 9 months and gain experience across various finance disciplines, including Treasury, FP&A, Internal Audit, Accounting and as available, may rotate into the finance teams supporting either the consumer sales or commercial sales organizations. At the culmination of the rotation program, the successful individual will transition to a position within the Finance organization.
The Treasury rotation will expose participants to a variety of corporate treasury activities and allow them to take a leadership role by providing critical analytical support to the Corporate Treasurer. The role will include involvement with cash management and forecasting, capital markets, cash investing, pension asset investing and liability management, rating agency relations, as well as quarterly earnings reporting. While in the Treasury rotation, participants will provide competitive insight and financial analysis to assist the Treasurer in communicating the company’s operating and financial performance goals and strategies to external investors and creditors.
Financial Planning and Analysis
The Corporate FP&A rotation will provide analytical support to the FP&A group to summarize and track key data in order to provide meaningful analysis to senior and executive management on a monthly and quarterly basis. Rotation will participate in annual budget and quarterly forecast processes, providing data capture and support for analysis and reporting to the Corporate FP&A team. Participant will prepare presentations for senior executives and become a key contributor in the creation of materials supporting monthly executive meetings as well as quarterly financial reporting and Company Board of Director meetings.
Program participants will gain exposure to the corporate audit function which reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and the Company CFO. Participants will be responsible for performing direct-assist test work on behalf of our external auditors, as well as performing process walkthroughs and executing SOX 404 testing in accordance with test plans and established guidelines. They will also participate in business process reviews pursuant to the annual audit plan and may participate in fraud investigations, data analytics procedures and other internal audit assignments.
During the accounting rotation, participants will be engaged in the monthly and quarterly financial close processes, including preparing materials for analyst call, SEC filings, board and committee meetings as well as interactions with Frontier’s external auditors, KPMG. Participants will also gain experience across many of the centralized accounting functions: general ledger, revenue accounting, property accounting as well as financial reporting. In each of the accounting roles, participants will be expected to learn the specific processes and interact with other members of finance as well as other parts of the business. They will also be expected to provide thoughtful analysis and recommendations relevant for the group they are working with.
Participants may have an opportunity to work on special projects with other members of the rotation program exposing them to different aspects of the business. The leaders of the participating rotation functions will work with participants to select an area of business in which to focus on; participants will have an opportunity to present findings and solutions for implementation.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated financial acumen, attention to detail, and advanced problem solving skills
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with internal and external personnel
- Team player/builder with strong organizational and people skills having the ability to take direction from supervisors and assertively contribute to departmental discussions regarding problem solving.
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines, well organized, and adept at managing peak workloads and ad-hoc requests
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Contribute to the goal of continuous improvement and delivering value-added results
- Prepare work products that are accurate, concise and submitted timely with sufficient supporting documentation as needed
- Familiarity with Cash Flow, Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Excellent MS Excel skills with the ability to create detailed worksheets and use advanced formulas
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Brings high level of energy to his / her work and a positive, can-do attitude
- BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field of study
- At least three years of experience in corporate finance, banking, or financial services related roles
- MBA candidates, a plus, but not required
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.