Ethernet Network Architect
The successful candidates will join a team of Network Architects to establish a National Next Generation (HBE) High Bandwidth Ethernet Transport network. The HBE network will support all existing and emerging technologies and applications such as 5G xHaul, NGPON backhaul, Edge Cloud, DCI, SD-WAN, Timing Distribution, Carrier Ethernet and Circuit Emulation. An Ethernet Network Architect is responsible for setting strategic direction and company-wide standards for Optical, Ethernet and MPLS-based network architectures and services. This position will involve extensive time executing lab evaluations to make vendor, platform, protocol and architecture selections for the Frontier High Bandwidth Ethernet Transport Network.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong background in MEF based Ethernet Service Architectures and technologies such as ELINE, ELAN, E-ACCESS, CFM, Y.1731, Y.1564, Policing, Shaping, QoS, L2CP handling, SLAs, NIDs, etc.
- Experience with Ciena SAOS 10.x/6.x, CN81xx/51xx/39xx, MCP
- Experience with Rad ETX-203AX, ETX-205A, ETX-220A, ETX-2i10G, Radview
- Experience with Optical Networking technologies such as CDA or CD/C Flex-Grid ROADM, DCI, CFP2-DCO, QSFP-DD, Coherent Optics, 16-64 QAM
- Experience with Infinera 7100 Nano, mTera, PSX-3, Groove, TNMS
- Experience with Ciena 6500-RLS, Waveserver AI/5, Z-Series & Planet Operate
- Familiarity with routing technologies such BGP, MPLS, VPLS, Segment Routing, EVPN, ISIS-SR, OSPF-SR, BGP-LU, etc
- Experience writing and conducting comprehensive Lab evaluations
- Subject matter expert in industry standards related to Optical, Ethernet and MPLS based protocols and service architectures (e.g. IEEE, MEF, ITU, IETF, ONF, ETSI).
- Experience writing Engineering, Provisioning, Planning and Architecture Guidelines
- Experience with Spirent Test Center
- Familiarity with Netconf, Orchestration, Automation and LSO
- Familiarity with YAML, Python, Perl, or other such scripting languages
GENERAL DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years related experience
- Familiarity with 4G/5G network architectures
- Familiarity with Access Networking technologies such as EFM, GPON, XGS-PON, VDSL2 and G.Fast
- Experience with Ethernet timing protocols such as 1588v2 PTP, Sync-E
- Familiarity with SD-WAN and NFV technologies
- Ability to work with a Team to drive improvement of Processes
- Eager to learn new technologies, lead efforts to acquire these technologies and enable knowledge transfer to Operations, Engineering and Planning
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.