Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for the application engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange environment. Subject matter expert of and for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements. This position works as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
Specific requirements of the position include:
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Perform field staking.
- Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to gain information on planned projects that involve growth and changes.
- Coordinate with all utilities for project design and construction to utilize joint trench.
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Attend pre-construction meetings for project designs.
- Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County, Townships).
- Prepare project justifications for approvals including EWOP documents loaded into Varasset.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Prepare cost estimates for BDT’s.
- Respond to DOR’s as needed.
- Update records according to As-Builts.
- Land base into FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS) system.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the business.
Must have knowledge of outside plant activities. Preferred basic knowledge of engineering tools to include the following, AutoCAD based GIS, Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and email. Basic organizational skills, communications skills (written and verbal) and customer relations will be utilized in achieving desired results and are critical to the position.
Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience related to outside plant, preferable in a local exchange environment. Demonstrate basic knowledge on outside plant design and cable count layout. Basic interpersonal skills are very important in discussions and meetings with engineering team, regional managers, vendors, local supervisors and technicians.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.