Network Engineer (IP Network Activation)
This position is in Frontier’s IP Network Activation team. The team is responsible for the test and turn-up of Frontier’s National IP Network. This position will perform all duties that are necessary to provision circuits, network elements, and project coordination to implement and provision WAN and LAN technologies. Strong backgrounds in routing, switching, and MPLS are essential. The preferred hours for this position are 11 AM – 8 PM ET. During training the hours will be 8 AM – 5 PM ET, transitioning to 11 AM – 8 PM ET after training.
- Track and complete network wide upgrades
- Test and turn-up new hardware/software
- Test and turn-up new network circuits (GigE, 10GigE, LAG)
- Test and turn-up new virtual circuits (Packet optical tunneling)
- Work closely with network engineering to provide feedback on potential network designs and new applications
- Complete after-hours maintenance when required
- Minimum 2 years experience in data environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Applicant must have extensive knowledge of and practical experience in the use of routing and switching protocols: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, QoS (Layer 2 & 3)
- Applicant should have extensive experience in: IP Subnetting, Network Design, Ethernet switching, and DSL/FiOS technologies.
- Applicant should have an understanding of Spanning Tree Protocol and LAN switching environments.
- Applicant should have prior experience working in MetaSolv M6
- Written, oral and presentation skills are critical to the position. This position interacts with regional engineers, shared services and local field personnel daily.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Scripting/Programming skills are desired.
- Some understanding of IPv6 would be beneficial.
- Experience provisioning and/or troubleshooting Packet Optical technologies is a plus. (Coriant and Cienna)
- Should have experience in provisioning and troubleshooting the following equipment: Cisco Routers (7200-12000 series), Juniper Routers (M, MX and E series), Ethernet/MPLS Switches (Cisco ASR9010, 3600, Alcatel-Lucent 7450, 7750), Packet Optical Transport (Coriant, Ciena).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Internetworking Professional (CCIP)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-M)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist (JNCIS-M)
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.