About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Job Description Network Architect
Frontier currently looking for a senior software development engineer to help us deliver the future of the software-driven network. This role may be for you if you are passionate about software systems that transform the way networks are built, controlled and operated. If you build high quality, highly available, always-on services, and you are happiest when you are working with empowered, world-class leaders and engineers to solve fundamental challenges in carrier-grade networks.
- Design and develop applications for next-generation router gateway features and applications.
- Design and develop applications for next-generation Access gear using CORD standards.
- Design, develop and analyze tests and test-automation suites.
- Propose enhancement and provide ongoing maintenance and support to the existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with researchers, vendors, project managers and other engineers to achieve sophisticated solutions.
- Create and update the documentation of systems and testbeds, including existing documents
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
- Expert skill in a modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Python
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals (Linux or Windows)
- Deep understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Proficiency in network, distributed, asynchronous, and concurrent programming Preferred Qualifications
- Preferred Qualifications:
- * Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Experience with big data solutions
- Knowledge of Machine Learning fundamentals
- Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
- Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Experience using Amazon Web Services such as EC2, EBS, and S3
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.