About this role:
Frontier Communications is seeking multiple Technology and Engineering Interns with a passion for STEM, collaboration and creative problem-solving. Our interns will actively contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with a mentor and senior leaders to support our business priorities. Being able to work in a group environment and independently is key. Building relationships among our Technology professionals and your peers will further enhance your experience. Your strong work ethic will shine through as you engage throughout our program.
What you’ll do:
Learning does not only happen in the classroom. Frontier’s Technology Intern Program provides you an opportunity to experience the Telecommunications industry up close. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you create a foundation of experiences helping apply classroom concepts.
Frontier has multiple internship opportunities within the Technology Intern Program. Learn more about
- Engineering and Planning
- Network Automation and Operations
- Analytics and Data Management
- Information Technology and Systems
- Customer Experience
Come explore the future with us!
What you'll need:
- Pursuing an undergraduate college STEM degree as of June 2021. Graduate students are also welcome to apply.
- Concentrating in a STEM field, specifically in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Civil Engineering or Management Information Systems major
- Strong academic achievements and minimum GPA of 3.2 or above preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams and individually
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Locations vary by assignment and are focused in the cities listed below. Relocation may be required.
- Dallas, TX (Cities: Allen, Irving, Lewisville and Plano)
- Everett, WA
- Wayne, IN
- Tampa, FL
- Practical experience with a variety of technology applications
- Collaborating hand-in-hand with skilled teams, mentors, leaders and other program participants
- Shadowing, mentoring and training opportunities with seasoned professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events, company meetings and an opportunity to give back to the community
- Flexible schedule for students
- Internships will run 8-10 weeks between June – August 2021
- Internships may be remote or in person as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Frontier Leadership determines
- Competitive compensation
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.