IT Principal Architect
The IT Principal Architect is responsible providing architectural designs for solutions that address specific business needs. Team members develop expertise within their domain, develop a roadmap for their systems, and communicate that plan to others within the organization. The Solution Architect must assist Enterprise architects to map, define and standardize technology, data, and business processes for a sustainable, long-term technology roadmap. This position requires a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Lead the collaborative development of a Technology strategy that matches Frontier’s corporate strategy and/or goals.
- Lead the collaborative development of a Technology architecture that matches Frontier’s Technology strategy.
- Lead the collaborative development of a Technology roadmap(s) that achieves Frontier’s Technology architecture
- Identify new technologies, industry trends, and best practices, which should be incorporated into Frontier policies & roadmap
- Provide strategic guidance for projects, including the supporting solution designers working on projects with the evaluation of architectural options.
- Define and facilitate the architecture processes, including the reporting and oversight of architecture deployment.
- Shape projects in a timely manner to conform to project initiation standards, as well as intent of architecture plan.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Solution Architects, Systems Analysts, Application Developers, and other Enterprise Architects, to facilitate the delivery of solutions that meet business objectives in a cost-efficient manner.
- Provide complete architecture designs that consider functionality, cost, performance, scalability, reusability, and extensibility.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- 5+ years’ work experience in an Information Services position developing large-scale applications
- Experience with developing strategic plans.
- Experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Proven experience in systems design and development.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications, including Ordering, Provisioning, Billing, and Customer Care functions
- Working technical knowledge of integration strategies, including web services
- Hands-on experience with application development tools, and a solid understanding of application development best practices
- Prior experience with software evaluation principles and practice.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Superior written and oral communication and listening skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to break up complex architecture designs into phased approaches.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience in architecting solutions, leading development projects, and managing project teams.
- Previous experience in the telecommunications industry
- Familiarity with TeleManagement Forum’s eTom, SID, and TAM models
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.