Director, Procurement Transformation & PMO
Director Procurement Transformation & PMO
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
As a strategic leader within Frontier’s Procurement & Supply Chain Team and reporting directly to the Chief Procurement Officer, this Management-level position is accountable for executing Frontier’s Procurement transformation plan.
This role requires an exceptionally capable leader who is dedicated to elevating the value of the procurement function within our organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead integrated procurement process and technology change, and communication strategy to drive adoption.
- Effectively engage leaders across the organization to align priorities, drive business results and understand how procurement can most effectively deliver value across the full supply chain.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify stakeholders impacted by change and to implement training, communications, and stakeholder engagement initiatives.
- Lead the Procurement & Supply Chain Programs Management Office (PMO) ensuring the coordination and prioritization of major capabilities scoping and development, in close relationship with Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain, Purchasing Operations and Contract Management teams.
- Influence the digital transformation of procurement and supply chain planning tools and processes to the next level, focusing on cross-functional collaboration, radical process simplification, forecast accuracy, material positioning and order commitments while driving continuous strategic focus on customer satisfaction.
- Lead a Center of Expertise through benchmarking, industry surveys, active engagement with partners and consultants.
- Support key strategic programs with the goal to implement a more resilient, and sustainable Supply Chain, while addressing customer needs, industry trends, and requirements for an agile supply chain infrastructure.
- Lead with operational and strategic capacity with an emphasis on driving further value and excellence for Procurement.
- Drive an inclusive culture of ongoing continuous improvement, productivity and innovation that fosters a highly engaged team.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related field; Master’s Degree/MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of Procurement & Supply Chain Digital Transformation and Change Management experience in a fast-paced telecommunications or technology company or consulting firm.
- Expert in Procurement & Supply Chain Technologies roadmap with successful track record of driving change in decentralized and centralized corporate environments.
- Superior understanding of end-to-end procurement and supply chain processes.
- Advanced ability to build forward-thinking partnerships with internal/external partners and suppliers.
- Advanced program management and prioritization skills with experience of managing and delivering complex initiatives spanning multiple business areas with multiple suppliers.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills; ability to ensure strategic alignment with multiple parties.
- Experience managing people including cross-functional team management
- Seasoned ability to build credibility/confidence and be seen as a trusted advisor and expert across a wide range of leaders, including internal stakeholders, and vendors
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills at all levels with competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Strong business and financial acumen, including advanced problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and analytical capabilities.
- Unquestioned integrity with confidence and executive presence; solid, well-rounded communication skills
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.