Engineering Project Manager
About the role:
We are in search of a Project Manager to work on our Network Transformation team. This team is responsible for process improvement in our copper and fiber networks.
This role will be integral in executing our copper to fiber transition strategy. As Frontier moves forward building gigabit America, it is vitally important that we can coordinate across the company with efforts to decommission our copper network and provide customers with the best product in the marketplace.
Your work will be project oriented and analytical in nature, but your intelligence, drive, and interpersonal skills will be equally as important to your success. Your work will have direct tangible impact on our customers, employees and company performance.
What you’ll do:
- Pioneering Frontier Fit for the Future initiative managing multiple operational cost controlling projects across the Network and Engineering organization, tracking them to completion, and providing weekly readouts to the executive teamEnd to end management of network transformation project parts
- Generating buy in of key stakeholders through consensus building
- Matrix management across the business to achieve project objectives
- Tracking key performance indicators to determine project success
- Presenting on project progress regularly to both internal team and executive leadership
- Working with front-line employees to identify pain-points and gather feedback on project success
- Working cross functionally across the organization to build consensus and drive results
What you bring:
- Demonstrated drive and desire to improve business performance.
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytical thinking and data-based decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Work experience in strategy, engineering or project management; high-rigor business analytics background preferred.
- Experience assembling presentations for wide varieties of audiences.
- Working knowledge of general business software such as PowerPoint, Excel, etc
- Strong financial and business acumen with ability to identify and evaluate opportunities preferred.
- Experience managing or leading teams preferred
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years working experience or equivalent experience
- Telecom industry expertise is not necessary - the team will be dedicated to teaching and mentoring the candidate towards becoming an expert in their own right.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, at this time, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.