Engr, Network Sr
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Sr. Network Engineer - Transport - Job Description
Senior Network Engineer, Transport – Transport Network Engineering evaluates, plans and designs the Frontier middle-mile network architecture based on its current and future utilization and demand. A Network Engineer applies their strong knowledge of new technology, network evolution and financial modeling to solve today’s requirements and challenges as well as evolving the existing network to meet future market demand.
There is an immediate opportunity in the Transport Engineering Department for an individual that possesses planning and engineering skills, with a strong emphasis on Data Networking, DWDM, ROADM and related technologies. This individual will be responsible for preparing detailed engineering plans and cost estimates for transport engineering projects. These tasks include, but are not limited to, planning and estimating projects that place equipment which will support the middle mile of the Frontier network.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or five years of Telecommunications Engineering/Operations experience in an ILEC, CLEC or IXC industry. Two of the five years must be Transport Engineering specific.
- Computer Skills – Must be proficient with computer applications including CAD records and MS Office (Excel, Word, Visio and Power Point).
- Financial Analysis – Must be able to generate a business case including executive summary, alternative solutions, cost assumptions and recommendation.
- Leadership Skills – Must be comfortable facilitating projects and making technical and financial decisions.
- Presentation Skills – Must be comfortable presenting and be able to provide appropriate level of material support to all audiences – Executive, Engineering, Marketing and Customer.
- Writing Skills – Must be able to write in a clear and concise manner to technical, customer and executive audiences.
- Vendor Relations – Must be comfortable in talking to vendors from both a technical and financial stance to solve complex network challenges.
- Travel – Minimal travel, however, must be able to drive up to eight hours or travel by airplane.
- ROADM/FOADM network design
- SONET network design
- Solid understanding of Later 1 and Layer 2 networks
- Network architecture planning
- Project estimating
- Project implementation and management
- Vendor specific platform experience (not required, however a plus)– Coriant 7100, Ciena Z-series, Nokia 7450
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.