NOC III Specialist
Specialist, NOC III
Tier II Technical Support, Transport
Responsible for providing 7/24 Tier II technical support on transport technologies monitored by the Network Operations Centers and maintained by Region Technicians. These technologies include but are not limited to SONET, DWDM, ROADM, Digital Cross-Connects (DCS), multiplexer, channel banks, network timing (BITS), DLCs, and Packet Optical equipment. The Specialist NOC III is responsible for directing service incident restoration, engaging vendor support as required, and performing activities related to outage mitigation.
- Provide remote technical support to Network Operations Center Specialists and Region Operations Technicians.
- Direct transport network outage restorations and engage necessary resources to minimize impact.
- Provide technical assistance for First Office Applications (FOA).
- Provide technical assistance with incident review and outage analysis requests to determine root cause and future prevention.
- Provide technical assistance for vendor cross-functional meetings, reviews, and planning sessions.
- Provide remote or on-site technical training to peers, NOC teams, Region Operations Technicians, and publish support bulletins/job aids.
- Manage transport network element software levels.
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience in central office maintenance, central office equipment installation, network engineering, network provisioning and or Tier I technical support is required.
- Proficiency with numerous transport network technologies including but not limited to; Tellabs DCS, Tellabs 7100 ROADM, Ciena (Nortel) SONET, Fujitsu SONET, EMS, DLC, MUX, Symmetricom timing (BITS), and Packet Optical transport is required.
- Able to work flexible hours and be a part of an on-call rotation for off-hour/weekend support.
- Strong ability to provide network support by processing, and prioritizing outage and network issues efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to react appropriately to network outages and make necessary provisions to ensure the least impact on our customers during network down situations.
- Ability to process information accurately, follow directions and provide direction to others in addition to possessing the skills necessary for decision making required.
- Strong communication, leadership, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with customers and team members across all levels.
- Ability to document and articulate technical recommendations to a variety of audiences and skill levels.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and handle various tasks simultaneously while working efficiently, effectively, and independently under minimal supervision is required. Self-motivated, innovative problem solver capable of working independently.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Windows server operations and monitoring. Skilled in the operation of personal computers and accessing a variety of remote computer systems.
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience required.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.