Senior Construction Manager
Frontier’s leadership team will bring to life our Leadership Model focusing on Operations Proficiency, Employee Relations, Community Relations, Competition, and Customer Ownership. From fostering innovation and working cross-functionally to driving performance and delivering results through customer contact and community involvement the Frontier leadership model will allow us to exceed our market growth targets and deliver 100% employee and customer satisfaction. This position manages a workforce of Engineering (Construction) Supervisors who are responsible for the field technicians and contractors that install and maintain residential and business lines, OSP cable facilities, hi-cap access services, and broadband services. The position duties include meeting with Local Managers, maintaining capital/expense objectives, generating reports and presentations, speaking in front of large groups, material management, meeting with general contractors, attending (State, County, Municipality) preconstruction meetings, inspecting company and contractor installed facilities, and promotion of new and existing company products.
- Has a solid understanding of the business/department and is able to manage capital/expense targets
- Able to articulate business/departmental objectives to Direct Reports (i.e., can clearly set goals/objectives)
- Holds team accountable to clearly achieve results through coaching and performance management.
- Promotes new/existing products as required.
- Responsible for determining and fulfilling the needs of the team for employee development and training.
- Communicate with other departments, i.e. Service, engineering, and OPCEN, in an effort to improve the coordination between these departments as well as the overall quality of service experience for our customers.
- Quality Control, i.e. tool inspections, building and vehicle inspections, Quality assurance inspections, etc.
- Be cognizant of and support the revenue budget.
- Provide Capital Budget input as required.
- Analyze operational reporting and utilize statistical process control tools to identify performance opportunities and provide corrective action plans as required.
- Business-related functions: Employee timesheet approval, email administration, Internal/external communications, procurement management, Timesheet Administration and Overtime Equalization.
- Consistently provides feedback and direction to Direct Reports to ensure employee development, engagement, and business knowledge; complete bi-annual employee performance appraisals/reviews.
- Leverages all employee communication vehicles and opportunities (weekly/monthly/quarterly/one-on-ones) to obtain feedback on departmental goals, gain input on action plans and modifies direction as necessary, and to engage and to hold employees accountable to overall business operations and results.
- Utilizes and leverages existing employee recognition programs to reward key contributions and positively impact employee morale.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure firm, fair, and consistent application of HR practices/policies and labor agreements.
- Ensures employee advocacy and a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions, and concerns in a timely manner. (When possible, 24-hour response time to all employee relations issues).
- Maintain a safe work environment by ensuring regularly scheduled safety meetings, applicable safety training, and reinforcing state/federal safety requirements within the workplace.
- Supports employees that interface with the customers by removing barriers, soliciting process improvement suggestions, and streamlining the work.
- Holds employees and other departments accountable to meet customer needs/demands. (Does not take “no” for an answer).
- Responds to issues identified on Customer Surveys works with teams to ensure action plans are developed and ensures follow-up on customer issue resolution identified in action plans.
- Minimum 5 years OSP Construction or Engineering experience.
- Extensive knowledge of OSP Construction Standards (TELCORDIA Blue Book).
- Basic knowledge of FTTH and data networking
- Must be able to perform complex hardware/software research and provide technical support
- Knowledge of plant service center, central office, and outside plant functions
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills along with a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well under pressure and/or with deadlines
- Should possess a basic understanding of electronics, electrical circuitry, network installation, maintenance, and testing
- Must be able to interact with internal/external customers and assist with problem resolution
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
- Must possess basic PC skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must take pride and ownership in work, and exhibit a willingness to learn. Education, certification, and/or license requirements
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Successful completion/certification in related technical fields or vendor equipment desired
- Must be available 24/7 to support emergency situations as needed
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to travel
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.