About this role:
The Network Planning Department is looking for a highly passionate and skilled Network Planner to join the team. Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the Network Planner primary responsibility is to understand and design network elements providing both transport and access services in the network.
The Network Planner will be required to interface with multiple groups and collaborate on intra- and inter-state designs for implementation. This person will write project guidelines implementing a solution and have a working knowledge of the equipment used to answer questions regarding installation and function when placed in service. They will also review Wirecenter Strategies and design Fiber-to-the-Home networks to cover the targeted households within a community/wire center. An additional emphasis will be placed on the Dark Fiber Program, Fixed Wireless initiatives (CBRS/LTE, 28Ghz, 5G), and analytical data analysis nationwide. The ideal Network Planner will be able to provide solutions and advance strategic company initiatives with the technologies tested and approved by Architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Detail network design elements
- Fixed Wireless
- P2P Microwave
- RDOF and other Grant support for access and transport deployment
- Support M6 and Circuit info
- Have an in-depth knowledge of GIS systems used: FROGS, BSA, GAP, QGIS etc.
- Implement process improvements to standardize and reduce costs in the network designs
- Understand and Engineer network equipment in support of current approved architectures as well as lead examples for FOA’s and trial deployments
- Ensure Architecture and Planning standards are adhered to
Equipment Knowledge of:
- Nokia – 73XX
- FiOS OLT’s (Moto, Calix, Nokia)
- Fiber Management – FDF
- BAU FDP’s
- Fiber specs and characteristics
- Connector types and impacts to design
- Fixed Wireless including sub 6ghz, 28ghz(5G), CBRS/LTE, mmWave and P2P applications
- Ciena ROADM Z77, Z33, 6500
- Infinera(Coriant) ROADM / mTera8
- RAD NID – ETX, etc.
- Cisco 3600, 6509, 7206, 9010
- Adtran – TA500x, TA1X48vx, 8044m
- Calix – C7, E3, E7
- Fujitsu – Flashwave 4X00
- Actelis – ML2300, ML648, etc.
- Canoga Perkins – 9145
- Work in and understand engineering systems:
- Infinium - work order estimating and material ordering system
- M6 - Circuit and equipment inventory and design system
- Varasset – Work Order Project Flow
- FROGS, BSA, DPI
What you’ll need:
- B.S. in Engineering or 4+ years of successful network engineering, planning, or related experience in data analytics or telecommunications industry experience. Must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge of data and circuit equipment
- Self-Starter who can work effectively, independently, as well as in a cross functional team environment
- Must be comfortable working in a structured, fast paced environment that embraces an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills with the ability to adjust to unanticipated changes in production schedule, design parameters and architectural framework
- Solid understanding of Ethernet technology and IP transport design criteria.
- Knowledge and understanding of large-scale network capacity management and modeling.
- Strong large-scale network troubleshooting skills
- Possess a good understanding of accounting guidelines, tariffs, and have strong capital budget background. Individual must be available to work the necessary hours to complete projects on time and within budget
What we offer:
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, at this time, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.