Network Architect Engineer
This position is responsible for researching, designing and deploying IP technologies across a wide variety of network vendors and applications. A successful candidate should have a deep understanding of Service Provider-related technologies such as: Routing Protocols and technologies, Carrier Ethernet, Transport/Optical Technologies, TCP/IP and Multicast. He or she should also have a good understanding of common business/financial drivers and be capable of considering those impacts when developing strategies. The ability to be self-driven and multi-task several complex projects are also key attributes for a successful candidate.
- Supporting the configuration, implementation, administration and efficiency of Frontier IP, Access and Video Networks
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software and other network or system issues related to the network
- Creating Method of Procedures for configuring, testing or otherwise modifying network elements, solutions or architectures.
- Developing documentation for testing, troubleshooting or administrating network devices or network architectures
- Developing test plans for evaluating new technologies or features
- Working with Network Operations teams to aid in troubleshooting efforts or supporting long-running network projects
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience in IP networking, routing protocols required.
- Experience in collaborating with various departments to create financial models, business cases, and presentations based on complex network designs in order to influence future designs.
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated expertise in many of the following protocols and technologies: Ethernet, TCP/IP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS (LDP/RSVP), High Availability (VRRP/HSRP/GLBP), Multicast (PIM/IGMP), QoS, HTTP, SSL, VOIP is required.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills associated with planning, design and implementation of complicated service provider architectures and applications
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex topics across multiple organizations and at different levels.
- Strong understanding of large-scale network capacity management, modeling, and troubleshooting skills desired
- Experience with U-Verse, FiOS, or other triple-play architectures including the associated underlying access, Ethernet, and/or transport network infrastructures.
- Experience with large-scale service provider Carrier Ethernet and/or core IP networks
- Strong knowledge of service provider routing and/or transport architectures, including knowledge of commonly used network hardware vendors (Juniper, Cisco, Nokia, Adtran, Calix, Coriant, Ciena, etc.)
- Software development and/or scripting experience
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.