The Network Automation team is seeking a highly talented and passionate Software Developer.
As part of the Network Development and Project Management department, the Software Developer will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting applications used by Frontier Employees to enhance quality, accuracy and speed of services provided to Frontier ‘s customers and business partners through the implementation of automation.
The Network Automation teams works closely with the Network Design and IT Teams to establish and support solutions for key initiatives of the organization.
- Architect, design, and build applications utilizing modern concepts and technologies
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understand of the Frontier application stack
- Execute the full software development life cycle (SDLC) following an Agile (Kanban) process.
- Create proof of concepts to validate and drive design decisions.
- Mentor co-workers to improve their skills and proficiency.
- Work after-hours or perform on-call duties assigned or as the business dictates.
- New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or medical exemption accommodation).
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline OR a minimum of 4 years of specific related experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience is required with at least one of the following: PHP, Python, C#, Java, C, C++, and PERL.
- Database experience with at least one of the following: PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, and MSSQL
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages and programming procedures.
- Great problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly resolve technical problems.
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong relationships with a wide variety of colleagues and managers.
- Ability to maneuver through ambiguity with flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.