Senior Construction Manager
This position will provide team leadership to local construction managers as they perform direct oversight of outside plant construction employees and activity in their respective assigned geographic areas. The Sr. Manager will ensure that local managers on their team collectively achieve all construction goals for both large company initiatives and BAU activities that support daily orders or local commitments. This position reports to the Director of Construction & Engineering and as such must provide feedback to the area leadership team on performance against objectives and work closely with engineering partners to ensure that both teams are aligned and assist each other in meeting goals.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensure that their team meets project in-service dates while ensuring through appropriate inspection that projects are constructed as designed or as modified if field conditions necessitate after consultation with engineering. Any field changes MUST be captured by the JIM process to secure necessary approvals.
- Manage work and workforce under established capital and expense budget objectives. This includes ensuring that there is an accurate review and approval of contractor invoices, timesheet review with appropriate oversight of overtime authorization, and ensuring proper material use aligned with projects.
- Work closely with vendor partners to ensure that they manage their work and perform as outlined in their agreements and resolve any conflicts that may arise.
- Help remove roadblocks associated with permit requirements by communicating with permitting agencies and resolving any concerns proactively or addressing grievances for complaints that may arise.
- Responsible for setting team goals in alignment with department goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to ensure priority focus and pursuit of consistent improvement and simplification.
- Consistently provides feedback and direction to staff to ensure employee development, engagement, and business knowledge; complete employee performance appraisals/reviews at intervals specified by the business but informally frequently enough to ensure consistent performance feedback.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure firm, fair, and consistent application of HR practices/policies and labor agreements.
- Ensures employee advocacy and a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions, and concerns in a timely manner. (When possible, 24-hour response time to all employee relations issues).
- Maintain a safe work environment by conducting regularly scheduled safety meetings, applicable safety training, and reinforcing state/federal safety requirements within the workplace.
- 5+ years of prior supervisory experience
- Must be able to interact with internal/external customers and various community leaders to establish relationships and to assist with problem resolution
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills along with a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well under pressure and/or with deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of engineering, plant service center, and outside plant functions.
- Must possess basic PC skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. ·
- Advanced knowledge of outside plant construction functions (Line & Splice) for both copper and fiber and in all placement scenarios (Aerial, buried, underground).
- Must possess a basic understanding of electronics, electrical circuitry, network installation, maintenance, and testing of central offices as well as FTTH and data networking
- Must be available 24/7 to support off-shift technicians and emergency situations as needed.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
Training/ Education Required:
- BA/BS in Telecommunications, Operations Management or Business Administration preferred or applicable OSP Construction work experience.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.