Enterprise Architect - Job Description
Enterprise Architects at Frontier are leaders that work with both the technology and business organizations to ensure the appropriate design, utilization and governance of Frontier’s application and solution landscape as a strategic technology and business asset.
This role will require the ability to efficiently and effectively communicate and collaborate at multiple levels within a diverse set of stakeholder organizations to be successful, including both senior leadership and working teams, business teams and technical teams including application development, data, and infrastructure teams.
This role will be expected to add enterprise architecture value both to projects and internal strategy assignments while reducing technical debt.
This role will be leverage knowledge, industry experience and best practices to proactively drive long term vision and future state architecture, as well as contributing to and driving the resultant roadmap.
Special consideration will be given to enterprise architects with a specialization in cloud or data.
- Enterprise architecture experience and knowledge covering multiple architectural domains and areas of knowledge such as:
- Application architecture including enterprise design patterns
- Data architecture including relational, NoSQL, MDM, data warehouse, data lake and data governance
- Business architecture including customer experience
- Infrastructure, network and/or security architecture
- Public cloud, hybrid cloud, cloud migration and cloud-first strategy
- Digital eCommerce and portals including associated architecture, analytics, integration and B2B/B2C
- Legacy system migration and integration
- Strategy ideation, roadmaps, and capability modelling
- BSS/OSS telecom stacks including “quote to cash”, product catalogs, orchestration, service fulfillment, billing etc.
- Demonstrated experience in creating useful and targeted enterprise architecture artifacts that add enterprise architecture value and insight
- Strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate the highest impact initiatives
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders and partners providing direction and leadership outside of a reporting relationship
- Preferred: architecture experience within the communications services industry and knowledge of the TM Forum’s eTom, SID, and TAM models
- Preferred: AWS or Azure solution architecture certification or equivalent experience
- Preferred: TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Forum) certification
- Minimum of ten years in IT focused on architecture, strategy or similar
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or similar, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent artifact and documentation skills
- Open to constructive feedback; openly invites opinions and perspectives of others
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- A never-stop-learning mindset with interest in emerging technologies, standards, IT patterns, and IT related solutions
- High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.