It Architect, Sr
Frontier Communications is seeking a Principal IT Architect (Pega) with an emphasis on Pegasystems Platform to be responsible for aligning business strategic vision with information technology, by defining the strategy and overall vision for IT applications. Team members develop and maintain the high-level design for Frontier’s IT architecture and communicate that plan to others within the organization. The Architect must map, define and standardize technology, data, and business processes for a sustainable, long-term technology roadmap. This position requires a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Define the architecture strategy and overall vision for IT applications, with primary initial focus on Pega platform (Pegasystems).
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of company’s strategic business plans.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a technology standards policy.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Review new and existing IT projects, systems designs, and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans.
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gain buy-in for all infrastructure plans.
- Work with project sponsors during the project planning phase to understand the requirements in order to define an architecture design that meets the business and technical needs.
- Provide complete architecture designs that consider functionality, cost, performance, scalability, reusability, and extensibility.
- Provide system integration architecture where the solution requires integration between enterprise systems
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Solution Architects, Systems Analysts, Application Developers, and other Enterprise Architects, to facilitate the delivery of solutions that meet business objectives in a cost efficient manner.
- Identify new technologies, industry trends, and best practices, which should be incorporated into Frontier policies & roadmap
- Conduct research and Proofs of Concept on emerging technologies in support of anticipated development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
Frontier’s new LinkedIn group highlights what is happening within the technology industry and also showcases the opportunities available at Frontier. We encourage you to become a member and share it with your network connections as well. The page will show trends which are emerging within technology, and as a member of the group you will also have the ability to share questions, ideas, or articles with the rest of the community.
It is simple and fast to become a member! Click the link below and then log into LinkedIn using your email and password. Once you are logged in you will be directed to the group landing page, and in the top right-hand corner of the page you will see a “Join” button. After selecting, you will have access within a few hours.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.