Outside Plant Engineering Manager
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated Outside Plant (OSP) Engineering Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Engineering AVP, this position’s primary role will be the OSP Engineering lead the Fiber to the Home (FTTH) network modernization for Frontier’s South Region.
The OSP Manager is responsible for managing engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a serving exchange environment. Subject matter expert of for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities and associated work such as cable sizing, cable counts, cable records and permitting for ROW’s and easements. This position works as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrade of telecommunications plant facilities.
The OSP Engineering Manager provides frontline managing and direction for construction activities associated with outside plant. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
What you’ll do:
- Oversees Engineering design for outside plant.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to gain information on planned projects that involve growth and changes.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper project planning.
- Ensures the accuracy of cable records and updates.
- Prepare project justifications for approvals.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Review and approve contractor invoices.
- Assist in annual budget design.
- 10% Prepare and monitor the capital budget plan.
- 20% Manage and review OSP Engineering designs.
- 20% Maintain inter-company relations to provide information needed by sales, marketing, regulatory and operations for special projects.
- 25% Manage oversight of all OSP capital construction activities to insure conformance to requirements.
- 25% Maintain relations and communications with state agencies and municipalities.
What you’ll need:
- S degree and/or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in an outside plant support position.
- Knowledge of outside plant and financial guidelines. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on outside plant design, cable count design and capacities.
- Knowledge of tools utilized by OSP Engineering leadership (Infinium, Varasset).
- Ability to effectively train and educate employees.
- Must be able to work with senior management in order to meet timely, accurate and meaningful requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills are very important in discussions and meetings with Engineering team, regional managers, vendors, local supervisors and technicians.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, at this time, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.