Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Director, Finance (Wholesale)
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Frontier is in search of a Director to join the Wholesale FP&A Team. This position reports to the Vice President, Finance, and will manage a staff of two. This role will be responsible for working with senior leadership to oversee the overall financial planning and analysis for the wholesale segment. In addition, the position provides financial support to the segment and is responsible for revenue and expense results. The ideal candidate will be highly investigative, creative, and have a demonstrated ability to work cross-departmentally to produce high-end financial modeling and reporting. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside the CEO, CFO, and other executive leadership of a Fortune 500 organization, acting as an integral change agent and turning the company towards long-term growth and success. Gain exposure to high-level, strategic initiatives and develop into a strong leader for the FP&A organization.
- Budgeting: Coordination of the segment’s annual budget process. Provide support to the business unit on the budget process.
- Forecasting: Provide near-term financial forecasts (i.e. monthly, quarterly, & annual) of revenue, expenses, and unit activity. Communicate forecasts to CFO, Vice President of FP&A, and Business Owners.
- Financial Analysis: An ongoing process of providing financial analysis and information to management, which includes monthly financial write-ups on the; providing financial information to CFO and Vice President of FP&A for quarterly earnings analysis, daily gross and net revenue flash reports, maintaining a historical database of key financial metrics for the wholesale segment; periodic monitoring of competitor pricing, sales, and financial results; annual and quarterly review and verification of financial information of external reports.
- Financial Management and Support: Provide monthly financial reporting and analysis to the segment business owners, with emphasis on sales performance and expense control and analysis.
- Other: Provide analysis and information to the Company on special initiatives.
- Leadership and Development: Hire, develop, and retain staff. Provide career growth through the development and monitoring of individual performance to ensure optimal service and performance in all functions. Manage staff’s efforts to ensure all functions are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Growth: Provide substitute role for VP in senior-level meetings.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the following areas: accounting, capital expenditure analysis, budgeting and forecasting, financial planning, business planning, acquisition, and divesture analysis, business analysis, internal controls, and financial reporting.
- Multiple years of experience in building, managing and leading a department(s).
- Strong understanding of business, products, services, and development of business cases.
- Financial concepts include mastery of financial statement analysis, economic value-added, and other valuation techniques, business case modeling, NPV/IRR, financial forecasting, and overall knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles.
- Exceptional communication and inter-personnel skills; including one-on-one, group, and presentation formats.
- Exceptional organizational skills and experience in dealing with multiple departments and deadlines at various levels of the Corporation.
- S. in Accounting, Finance, or Economics. MBA preferred.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.