Corporate FP&A Intern
Corporate FP&A Intern
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Corporate FP&A Intern will provide primary analytical support to the FP&A group to research business trends, summarize and track key data, and provide meaningful analysis and insights to drive business outcomes. This position requires solid communication skills, both written and verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills. This is a hands-on role, requiring the ideal candidate to work in close partnership with all constituents to understand the needs of the business and drive for effective and sustainable solutions.
- Research, track and summarize key data, including, trends, profitability and expense analyses.
- Assist in monthly close process including internal reporting and Smartview uploads.
- Contribute to the execution of the quarterly Board of Director’s presentations.
- Develop, maintain and report on monthly and quarterly operating and financial metrics.
- Assist in development of non-routine reports and presentations to Senior and Executive Management; use of current technology to produce, deliver, and distribute reports and analysis.
- Partner and collaborate with FP&A team to support other ad hoc projects or initiatives, as needed.
- Report to Financial Planning & Analysis (Director and/or AVP) and will regularly collaborate and work with key members of the FP&A team and members of Commercial, Consumer, Technology and Field Operations FP&A teams.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to take direction from supervisors, learn quickly and proactively contribute to departmental discussions regarding problem solving.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, with the ability to quickly collect, interpret, analyze, and present financial data in an accurate and concise manner.
- Experience designing and building business / analytical financial models.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Balance Sheet, Cash Flow & Income Statements.
- Astute communicator, knowing when and what to communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure no missed opportunities and/or no surprises.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Brings high level of energy to his / her work and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Progressing Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration.
- Not eligible to graduate students.
- Business or internship experience preferable.
- Excellent MS Excel skills with the ability to create detailed spreadsheets and use advanced formulas.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.