Senior Fraud Program Lead
Senior Fraud Program Lead
Frontier Communications Corporation is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
The Senior Fraud Program Lead is a vital member of the Internal Audit team and will have responsibility for overseeing a new cross-functional anti-fraud initiative established to identify/assess potential fraud vulnerabilities and develop/implement preventative and detective controls (utilizing data analytics, continuous monitoring techniques, and performing high-risk vendor audits). In addition, he/she will also be responsible for participating in fraud testing activities, and a variety of internal audit assignments, often in partnership and collaboration with other Internal Audit team members as well as others in other functions. The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated understanding of fraud risks and advanced monitoring tools and techniques and a desire to help drive a strong overall internal control environment for Frontier. They should also have a keen ability to connect this work to the needs of the business bringing both a strong professional presence and technical expertise to the initiative.
Perform the following in accordance with professional standards and department protocols:
- Effectively identify fraudulent activities or vulnerabilities and implement preventative measures and/or continuous monitoring in conjunction with other key stakeholders and obtain their support and engagement for instituting a continuous monitoring program.
- Develop and execute fraud testing and document results in accordance with testing guidelines.
- Conduct an annual fraud risk assessment.
- Support the internal audit function on fraud-related matters.
- Incorporate data analytics and/or automation in fraud procedures to drive efficiencies.
- Effectively identify underlying root causes, best practices in control design, and operational effectiveness and routinely communicate results to management.
• Monitor through regular follow-up, the progress of fraud monitoring action plans.
- Conduct risk assessments to help identify high-risk exposure areas and as a result, help the organization prioritize mitigation efforts.
• Participate in fraud investigations in response to Compliance Hotline or other similar activities.
• Support other Internal Audit assignments, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or an equivalent degree.
• 3+ years of professional experience in fraud controls, business operations (focus on Procurement, Vendor Management), accounting, internal audit, or consulting and/or relevant strong financial background.
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of accounting and audit theories and principles.
- CFE, CIA certification preferred.
- Limited travel is required, domestically.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications
- Proficiency in data analytics
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
• Excellent project management skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence, and drive for results at all levels of the organization.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Astute communicator, knowing when and what to communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure no missed opportunities and/or no surprises.
- Demonstrated experience and a strong desire to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Brings a focus on continuous improvement to his/her work and a desire to bring value-added results.
- Relevant industry experience, a plus.
- Brings a high level of energy to his/her work and a positive, can-do attitude.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.