Building Services Spec
JOB ID: 3287
Title: Building Services Specialist
Location: San Angelo, TX
Post Dates: 02/07/20 - 02/14/20
Repair, trouble-shoot and maintain company building assets to include at least one of the following disciplines related to building equipment and systems: plumbing, fire alarms, building automated systems, electrical, emergency generators and/or roofing. Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and inspections. Maintain building appearance. Operate company vehicles and other equipment/tools as required.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Repair, troubleshoot and maintain (area of specialization) equipment and systems.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance and inspections of all identified equipment.
- Install, remove, rearrange and/or adjust specified equipment and systems.
- Maintain building appearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in the heat and cold, in many cases during adverse weather conditions.
- Job involves performing work in a variety of settings and in a variety of positions i.e., close quarters in a stooped or bent position, on a ladder, a roof, in an underground vault, etc.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
Required Skills / Experience
- Tests – Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Experience* – Must have five years experience in at least one of the following major building trades such as, but not limited to: generators/transfer switches, building related controls and automated systems, fire systems, electrical, roofs, and/or plumbing.
- Desired education of two years from a recognized trade school in one of the following: generators, roofs, building automated systems, fire systems, electrical or plumbing or two years technical training from the military in one of the above disciplines or three years in a recognized apprenticeship program.
- May be required to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must possess, at the time of appointment, a valid Texas class "A" or "C" driver's license and, if required at the assigned job site, must demonstrate proficiency in the operation of a vehicle equipped with standard (manual shift) transmission.
- Must possess the ability to perceive difference in colors.
- Must possess the ability to distinguish audible tones/levels.
-Five years experience in generators/transfer switches preferred.
-Hours/Shifts will vary according to seniority. Applicant must be willing to working nights, weekends, emergency call-outs and overtime as needed. On-Call will be required.
-No pole climbing required.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.