Vehicle Maintenance Tech
Job Opening ID:
Title: Vehicle Maintenance Technician
Location: Bloomington, IL
Internal Post Dates:
Performs maintenance and repair of internal combustion engines, transmissions, brake systems, electrical systems, ignition and fuel systems, hydraulic systems, and steering and running gears; overhauls starters, generators, alternators, and carburetors; performs preventative maintenance inspection; tests, analyzes, make adjustments, and repairs to company motor vehicles and construction equipment such as drop plows, heater blowers, manhole pumps, etc.; makes use of standard automotive tools, and test equipment plus written material; maintains automotive equipment service records; welds with both gas and electric including vertical welding; provides hands-on training of other garage employees; and performs other related duties.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains company DOT and Non-DOT vehicles, mounted equipment amd mobile tools in accordance with Federal, State and Corporate practices, procedures and schedules.
- Proficiently uses precision tools and test equipment for diagnosing , analyzing and correcting discrepancies on computerized vehicular, mobile tool and mounted equipment systems.
- Perform maintenance and repair of internal combustion engines, derricks, transmissions, brake systems, electrical systems, including 12 volt DC, 110 and 220 volt AC, ignition and fuel systems, hydraulic systems, steering and running gear.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks on DOT and Non-DOT vehicles. Perform maintenance work, servicing or replacing tires, batteries, lubricating chassis, brakes, oil, drive belts, hoses, etc.
- Maintain all company DOT and Non-DOT vehicles, mounted equipment and mobile tool records and paperwork.
- Operate a computer terminal and associated processing equiment for accessing multiple systems for input and retrieval of data.
- Answering phones, scheduling work and parts inventory control. Effectively communicate with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- May be required to work both indorrs and outdoors depending upon the needs of the business
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as requ ired by the Company.
- Test results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- The technician shall possess/maintain an ASE Master Certification in automobile/light truck or medium/heavy duty truck.
- The mechanic shall have 5 years of current mechanical experience on DOT and Non-DOT vehicles.
- Must be able to identify and distinguish color
- Ability to list, push or pull heavy items frequently to 120 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, some pushing, pulling, reaching, bending and stooping.
- The technician shall possess a Commercial Driver’s License Class B, air brake certified or be able to obtain one within 90 days after employment.
- The license must not be restricted to daylight hour or automatic transmission. Attain additional certifications as required by management
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with others, as part of a team, with minimum supervisor utilizing good judgement and decision making skills.
- Must be computer literate
- Must attain any required state certificates (depending on state regulations).
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.