Network Architect Engineer
Frontier is searching for a Network Architect – Wireless Core to join its growing fixed wireless architecture team. A successful candidate will lead Frontier in developing a 3GPP core architecture including EPC hardware and software, datacenter infrastructure, and IT integrations.
- Design, test, and assist in the deployment of a 3GPP standard based core (EPC) architecture
- Develop and execute test plans to integrate new hardware and software into existing architectures
- Work with other wireless architects to perform lab and field tests on new technology
- Oversee the creation and execution of RFP/I activity for new technology, vendors, or use cases
- Work with other organizations such as IT and engineering to develop and deploy automation and system integration for activation and provisioning and service assurance activities.
- Develop or utilize existing cloud architectures and control techniques to ensure low latency, high availability and high performance and Quality of Experience characteristics.
- Act as a leader/mentor in day-to-day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues, while continuing to be hands-on.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and cooperate in teams, projects and networks to achieve results.
- Proven record of accomplishment in working with large mobile or fixed network integrators.
- Background in network infrastructure plus the proven ability to work in a vendor-facing role.
- Wireless expert with strong hands-on technical skills and the demonstrated ability to work across disparate groups including sales, operations, product management, and engineering.
- Organized, a goal-oriented technical leader to lead, follow, and effectively collaborate with knowledgeable Architecture peers and business partners.
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP specifications and worldwide spectrum and telecommunications regulations.
- Experience in delivering large system to a tight timeline.
- Expert knowledge of wireless technology landscape including experience with GSM/EDGE, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, and 5G architectures.
- Cloud platforms: Cloud Foundry, Openshift, AWS Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Heroku.
- Experience developing solutions with Infrastructure as a Service and Configuration Management tools like Ansible, OpenStack, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience building container-based solutions using Kubernetes, and/or Docker Data Center/swarm.
- Experience in designing storage for performance and resiliency, including SAN, NAS, cloud storage technologies for block and object storage.
- Experience administering and managing consumption of Public Cloud Services in a large multi-tenant environment.
- Knowledge with FPGA, GPU, NPU and other HW acceleration techniques.
- Develop APN, PDN, PCI policies to provide support to current solutions provided by Frontier Communications Access Solutions
- Knowledge of IP Networking including Virtual Private Cloud, VPN, SDN, DNS, Load-balancing, and Firewalls.
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Perl, and Bash).
- In depth understanding HTTP/2 and JSON.
- Senior Architect or Engineer role: 5-7+ years
- Experience in Fixed or Mobile LTE/5G EPCs: 5 years
- Wireless Network Design: 5 years (Preferred)
- Distributed software design & development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelors of Science in related field or equivalent work experience
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.