Director, Human Resources
Director, Human Resources
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Director, HR Business Partner will report directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer. They will be responsible for advancing the performance of our people operations to drive a high value, efficient and personalized experience in our functional business units. This role is accountable for leading a team of HR Business Partners/HR Generalists to provide strategic and day-to-day HR consulting services to business clients in the areas of (1) organizational design, (2) talent and succession management, (3) learning and development offerings, (4) performance enablement and engagement, and (5) employee relations issue resolution. This individual will play a central role in identifying organizational issues and work with Centers of Excellence to provide people solutions to drive business outcomes and enhance the employee experience at Frontier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the business to create and implement short and long-term plans that drive ongoing operational effectiveness from a talent perspective
- Support the HR strategy and bring solutions for our team members and our key business stakeholders
- Deliver on strategic and operational HR priorities and activities in support of the business
- Through partnerships with HR Leaders identify, assess and implement solutions to deliver for the business
- Responsible for full HR support to business leaders and act as point of contact to engage and partner with respective HR department to meeting business needs
- Provide leadership and develop a team that partners with HR Centers of Excellence to deliver business value
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure visibility and strong partnerships with the business
- Identify effective Talent Management strategies and action plans to meet business needs
- Evaluate, design, and implement methods to enhance HR support service delivery within their business units
- Support/advocate HR technology solutions to drive efficiency and reduce waste
- Promote a culture of open communication and collaboration with key partners and HR team to create a culture of transparency, curiosity and improvement
- Position the HR team as a valuable partner to the business by delivering reliable and effective solutions to enhance the employee experience
- Build a highly valued team of leaders and team members who partner effectively with others and bring proactive solutions to drive a common and personalized experience
- Highly skilled and effective leader of people
- In-depth understanding or various HR disciplines and Centers of Excellence
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Change Agent—ability to persuade and influence
- Driver of process/quality improvement
- Human Resources Business Partner, Shared Services, Technology, and Talent Management Leadership Experience: 7-10 years of experience in org design, talent reviews/development & succession planning, learning/development, performance enablement, and engagement. Demonstrated success building Talent and people strategies in an HR Business Partner capacity that have advanced large, complex business challenges. Experience in telecommunications/technology is preferred but not required.
- General Management and/or P&L Experience: 5-7 years of experience in a significant leadership role(s) with control/responsibility for achieving critical business and financial outcomes, and a track record of achieving expected results.
- Team Leadership Experience: 7-10 years of experience with a proven track record of building strong team buy-in and support for vision and strategy, and successfully acquiring, developing, and retaining leaders for increasingly broader leadership responsibilities.
- Functional Business Experience in Finance, Operations, Sales, Technology or Engineering a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or Technology
- Master's degree preferred.
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.