Center Operations Technician
Hiring Manager: Frank J Laiosa
Contractual job Title: Center Operations Technician
Physical Street Address: 610 N. Morgan St, Tampa, FL
Number of Vacancies: 8
Time-frame of Posting: 01/14/20 - 01/24/20
Wage Schedule/Scale:: A
Union: IBEW 824/ CBA 011
**PLEASE NOTE: A resume must be submitted in order to be considered.**
Center Operations Technician
Responsible for the maintenance activity from the DS0 level up to SONET, Metro Ethernet, and VOIP networks, as required to provide and maintain service. Analyze network facilities, special service circuits utilizing a variety of menu and non menu-driven systems to isolate repair problems and restore customer service. Utilize technical standards from TeleCordia / Vendors in order to provide and maintain the service to the customer.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Controlling multi-line business customer and IXC customer (wholesale) and retail customers, maintenance and/or status/escalation request activity by processing incoming calls.
- Provide technical consultation to field forces in connection with special services, switched services, metro e and hi-capacity services.
- Basic knowledge of M6 to obtain records information isolate troubles and maintain circuits records.
- Utilize evolving technology including fiber, Analog, SONET, DWDM, Metro Ethernet and VOIP systems to accomplish work assignments.
- Verifying information/equipment and monitoring trouble report status through Remedy ticketing system.
- Analyzing network facilities and special service circuits utilizing a variety of menu and non-menu-driven systems to isolate and restore repair problems.
- Taking appropriate action to trouble-shoot, test, and correct special service circuits, network.
- Isolating and resolve issue remotely to for customer troubles.
- Using specialized remote test systems, information systems, manufacturers specification.
- Conferring and coordinating with other departments, and providing technical assistance to customers, and other Frontier employees.
- Maintaining reports and records as necessary.
- Continual telephone contacts with clients.
- Triage complex issues and coordinate with inter department organizations like NOC, Tier 2, and VOIP while collaborating with all these departments on conference bridge calls
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Knowledge of special service equipment and network connections.
- Knowledge of Fiber Systems, DACS, Muxes, SONET, Metro Ethernet, VOIP and DWDM
- Understanding basic digital communication applications.
- Knowledge of electronic and digital theory/principle.
- Knowledge of Low Bandwidth and High Bandwidth circuits and how it applies in a circuit hierarchy.
- Knowledge of various central office switch types (i.e., GTD5, 5ESS, DMS100, DMS10) and/or adjunct devices
- Knowledge of service orders, trouble tickets, and circuit diagrams.
- Basic Understanding of Transport, and knowledge of 7100 Tellabs, Flashwaves, and 5150 Ciena
- Knowledge of job-related facility, equipment, plant, tools, products, services, symbols, records, applicable techniques, and applications.
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented, verify that work is accurate and complete.
- Demonstration of effective communication skills, using tact, courtesy, and questioning techniques in frequently sensitive pressure situations.
- Basic knowledge of Routers and Switches and how they function. Example Alcatel 7450, Cisco 6509, Cisco 9912, Canoga, RAD
- Understanding of the OSI model, specifically Layers 1 – 3
- Understanding of ELINE, ELAN, EVLINE, EVLAN
- Basic Understanding of VOIP
- Basic understanding of Ethernet Troubleshooting
Must be able to successfully complete each phase of training (both formal and on-the-job).
**Please include a resume outlining the required job knowledge. **
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.