Corporate Legal Intern
Corporate Legal Intern
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Frontier’s legal internship provides a law student (currently a 1L or 2L) with the opportunity to learn and contribute to the Company’s Legal Team. The Legal Department is responsible for handling and supervising a wide range of legal matters, such as large-scale litigation, corporate/securities issues, commercial transactions and contract negotiations, regulatory and compliance matters, employee matters, and traditional labor work. The successful candidate will gain exposure to different areas of law by assisting members of Frontier’s Legal Team through completion of various assignments.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Conduct legal research on a variety of topics;
- Review and interpret company legal documents and materials;
- Draft memoranda of law, based on legal research;
- Attend internal meetings and provide input on various Company initiatives;
- Attend mediations or hearings if opportunity presents itself during span of the internship; and
- Assist with special projects and other tasks, as assigned.
- Enrolled currently in an accredited law school, as a first or second year student.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); and
- Proficient with Westlaw and LexisNexis for legal research.
Also, the candidate must have:
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail; and
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.