Spclst, Tech Automation
The Specialist, Technology Automation, needs to be self motivated independent thinker - a person who can "think out of the box" by grasping concepts quickly and seeing the big picture. Collaborate and assist in the entire software development life cycle including definition, development, and documentation in collaboration with a wide variety of internal users and departments. Write scripts for enhanced functionality and/or performance of existing company applications as necessary. Provide on-call support and be available to handle critical system issues that may arise. It is not uncommon for this position to also be tasked with occasional business analyst activities when shaping various aspects of the development life cycle.
Responsibilities relate to planning, development, and/or implementation of the application and associated systems in support of business operations. Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and evaluates programs for functional areas, including but not limited to sales, marketing and operations. This position will also be tasked with various tier 1 technical support duties as necessary during the deployment of applications or new features. The primary focus for development within this group is cost and speed to market with an emphasis on business relevance and ROI.
- Three years experience creating and maintaining databases using Microsoft SQL
- Willingness to learn the tools not presently understood
- Experience working on fast-paced, time-constrained development teams
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented and self-managing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both technical and user focused
- Minimum requirement High School graduate or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred, or related field or equivalent experience
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.