Mgr, Product Marketing
Reporting to the VP B2B Demand Generation, this senior manager will be responsible for crisply defining and articulating the product value proposition for Frontier’s strategic product portfolio. This position will use research and data to ensure the unique selling proposition resonates with the target market. Serving as the customer advocate, this role works closely with product management to influence offers, feature development and the over-arching product roadmap. S/he will work to ensure that Frontier’s strategic products are always competitive in the marketplace by performing regular competitive intelligence scans. This position works very closely with sales, marketing and product teams to properly train and equip sales teams with best-in-class collateral.
The successful candidate must have experience marketing technology products and demonstrate a passion for content and creating differentiation. The right candidate will be articulate, have a data driven mindset and be detail oriented. This role will be the right fit for a person that is comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-moving environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Crisply define the product value and positioning for several strategic products in the enterprise portfolio.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative methods to ensure product messaging resonates with prospects and customers.
- Work with marketing and product leadership to influence pricing. packaging and offer decisions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, sales, product management, and other teams to build alignment around go-to-market plans for products and solutions.
- Closely monitor the success of go-to-market activities by tracking product/feature adoption, funnel growth, win rates and customer feedback.
- Create and maintain personas and segmentation across our customer and prospect base.
- Assist product managers in documenting and tracking the customer buying journey. Collaborate with IT, marketing, sales and product to create an effortless buying experience.
- Track the competitiveness of each product/solution periodically report to the broader team using a variety of measures (market share, feature parity, offers, etc.).
- Collaborate with sales enablement, marketing and product teams to ensure all sales teams have the right training, collateral and prospecting tools to compete effectively in the market.
Experience and Requirements:
- 12+ years of total work experience, including five of which have been spent marketing technology products in a B2B environment.
- Proven experience with creating, executing innovative and targeted marketing programs that generate results.
- Skilled at evaluating and presenting market and customer requirements, competitive situations, and overall market trends.
- Combination of vision, strategic thinking, and pragmatism, encompassing both solid strategic product marketing abilities and direct tactical involvement.
- Strong ability to extract the differentiating capabilities to position solutions, drive product awareness and capture market demand.
- Must possess the ability to develop and maintain a strong network of internal relationships and a visible profile within the business.
- Ability to influence and engage peers within the marketing, sales and product organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically; able to make sound decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Creative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Exceptional written, oral, and executive presentation skills.
- Proven success setting strategies and executing for results.
- Able to work well under pressure while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
- Take ownership, focus on solving problems, and demonstrate a high level of accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.