Title: Communications Tech
Location: Monroeville, AL
Union: IBEW 676 / CBA 333
Internal Posting: 8/19/21 to 8/27/21
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (must be able to lift 70 lbs).
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Must have an understanding of basic electricity shown by passing a Company basic electricity/electronics and digital fundamentals test or a certificate from an outside agency that is accepted by the Company.
- Must be able to work shifts, days, nights, evenings (depending on tour selection) and work overtime and emergency call outs as required.
- Basic knowledge of OSP functions.
- Basic knowledge of key and PBX systems.
- Ability to read prints.
- Ability to utilize associated test equipment.
- Working knowledge of digital loop carrier equipment.
- PC familiarity with Windows operating systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Digital fundamentals and/or electronic/electrical training, communications training preferred.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.