Programmer Analyst - ESB (Java)
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Programmer Analyst - ESB (Java) - Job Description
This position has responsibility for design development, coding, testing, implementation and maintenance of apis and using various development tools including java, Tibco Businessworks and Apigee.
- Design and build enterprise wide integration solutions Ownership of the full life cycle for the solution, from initial analysis through testing and delivery
- Participates in Define phase for scoping, and design phase for detailed technical requirements and design specifications, and will be responsible for development of complex solutions.
- Works with other TIBCO developers to ensure best practices for performance are followed for optimal performance.
- Interfaces with other IS delivery teams for coordination of project tasks, status reporting, and issue resolution.
- Create and maintain new APIS that support business requirements.
- Troubleshooting and cross training with other developers.
- Will train on Tibco and Apigee platforms
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a larger team, depending on project assignments
- Familiarity with Enterprise Java technologies (J2EE / Java EE)
- Familiarity with building and consuming web services
- Familiar with SOAP and REST API protocols, as well as HTTP transport concepts
- Practical knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL queries (MS SQL Server and Oracle preferred)
- Ability to deliver assigned work on time without defects.
- Willing to learn new technologies and assimilate new tools quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry helpful.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, or related study
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.