Engineering Manager - Inside Plant & Network Planning
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Summary of Position
Describe the principal purpose and any unique characteristics of the job:
This position will be responsible for supporting the larger Inside Plant Engineering (ISPE) and Network Planning (NP) organization in their roles. As a member of the ISPE/NP Support Staff team the position will focus on engineering process design, analysis, data sourcing, data management and metrics definition and reporting on a national scope. The position will be responsible to represent the ISPE/NP organization in cross-functional process design and analysis efforts, and identify and drive data-based process analysis initiatives within ISPE/NP to improve process execution shortfalls. Identification of data needed to support these responsibilities, along with sourcing, management, reporting and analysis of results and trends are key competencies required of the position. The position may oversee a small (2-3 individuals) team of support staff to execute the responsibilities related to data management and reporting. The position is expected toa communicate clearly and frequently with ISPE/NP leadership and with peers in other functional areas as an ISPE/NP subject matter expert on process, data and results analysis.
List the major job responsibilities in order of importance for which this job is held accountable.
% of time
Develop and maintain data sourcing, data management, results reporting and analysis functions for the ISPE/NP organization
Identify the need for, and lead, process analysis efforts engaging the broader ISPE/NP organization to improve efficiency and quality, and reduce costs, attributed to the work of the ISPE/NP engineers
Represent the ISPE/NP organization to other organizations in cross-functional process and quality analysis and improvement efforts.
Job Requirements Job requirements should include all necessary qualifications to perform the full job.
- Kind and length of experience:
- 3+ years of telecom data analysis, metric definition and reporting, data management/warehousing responsibility
- 3+ years of telecom network process analysis and improvement responsibility
- 3+ years of telecom engineering experience
- Special Skills (e.g., strong organizational skills, proficiency on specific software):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including reporting and presentations for executive-level consumption
- Ability to effectively work independently without direct supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage work and deliverables under competing and changing priorities
- Ability to accept and provide constructive criticism
- Well experienced in all Microsoft Office suite products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, etc.)
- Experience developing and maintaining Microsoft Sharepoint (including InfoPath and PowerBI) and/or Atlassian Confluence sites and applications
- Experience with TIBCO Spotfire or other data warehousing technologies as a data source and data reporting/presentation platform.
- Experience with minor database development and data sourcing techniques and tools (e.g. SQLServer)
- Education, certification and/or license requirements:
- BS/BA Degree preferred, however equivalent experience considered
- Physical Requirements (i.e., extended periods of sitting, bending, stooping, standing, walking or driving; frequency of lifting or carrying heavy objects - specify required weight; required communication skills - verbal/auditory):
- Standard office environment
- Environmental Factors (e.g., ability to work in extreme heat/cold, ability to work at heights over 15 feet, ability to work 3rd shift, ability to work weekends/on-call):
- General availability outside of normal working hours required as needed for items such as special projects, emergencies, and network issues. Some travel (<20%) required.
Decision Making Identify the types of decisions that this job can make on its own, as well as those that must be referred to a higher level of management.
- What typical decisions does this job have complete authority for making? Data source identification, data analysis management and analysis tool and technique selection, metric reporting and analysis approaches and reports.
- What typical decisions must be referred to others for approval? To who does this job refer these decisions?
Authorized decision levels would be determined by corporate policy. Decisions other than those required for the role as defined above will be made by the supervising Director or higher organizational chain of command.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.