Senior Product Manager
The MDU Technical Product Manager will be responsible for establishing and implementing our end to end MDU network and portfolio strategy including forward looking network technologies, managed WiFi implementation model, as well as supporting bulk MDU & HOA agreements, exclusive marketing agreements and individual MDU units. Coordinate customer needs, network topologies and product offering with Alternate Channels, Sales, Engineering, FOPs, etc., to take advantage of the expansive MDU households in our footprint. ensuring that consistency and accuracy are achieved across Residential products and initiatives. This individual will work with broadband, voice, video and Frontier Secure Product Managers to ensure the correct products are made available including differentials for bulk/HOA agreements. Implement industry best practices to ensure optimal technologies, tools and practices are utilized to deliver industry leading products and competitive prices. Define, prioritize and implement key deliverables that will be used to deliver products and offers for MDUs. Standardize processes for MDU deployments to allow sales and support channels to easily understand, sell and install MDU products.
This individual will serve as the central point of contact for MDU products and offers working closely with the MDU sales and implementation team and other product managers. They will be responsible for learnings from industry practices, customer feedback and internal guidance to collaboratively ensure that Frontier’s MDU products and offers are optimal. As new offers and products are built, this person will be part of those discussions to ensure that MDUs are receiving our most current products, offers and prices as needed.
Collaboratively set Frontier’s MDU strategy, coordinate with impacted parties, define products and processes, implement offers and manage offerings for new and existing MDU customers on a day to day and project by project basis. Manage the lifecycle of the bundles; which includes all aspects of new offers, upsell strategy, retention and product integrity.
- Focus on the customer and their needs including the MDU owner and end users.
- Coordinate network topology strategies to meet MDU customer needs
- Assist in creation of budgets and forecasts while also ensuring product metrics and KPI’s are achieved (unit, revenue, margin, etc.). Identify opportunities and drive performance.
- Drive product performance to meet company KPIs, budget and forecast targets
- Development of the MDU roadmap that extends up to 5 years into the horizon. Includes product management coordination of acquisition, upsell and retention offers.
- Analyze base and prospects to identify opportunities and risks to develop upsell/retention tools and pricing actions.
- Monitor and assess impact of market, technologies, product and competitive trends and incorporate into product roadmaps, product positioning, portfolio plans and related activities.
- Own and lead key initiatives that impact MDUs to ensure these initiatives meet product goals and strategies. Many of these initiatives will be led by other groups requiring product input only but some will be led by the individual in this role
- Define product specifications and user experience, establish milestones and priorities, and work with technical project management to shepherd the development, implementation and launch of all products & initiatives.
- Work closely with engineering, IT, marketing, sales, support, legal, management and external partners to deliver optimal products and services.
- Collaborate with Business team on opportunities to offer business products as needed.
- Analyze base to identify opportunities and risks to develop upsell/retention tools and pricing actions.
- Leverage voice of the customer to make product improvements. This requires partnering with channel partners and sales.
- Use primary and secondary research to identify key consumer needs, define target segments, and determine product feature enhancement and direction
- Conduct competitive analysis responsible for overseeing and owning all product related communication across the business
- Manage other opportunities on an ad hoc basis.
- 10+ years of Telecommunications and/or Product Management, Marketing, Operational or related experience.
- Strong technical expertise in designing network solutions to MDUs to leverage fiber and wifi technologies
- In depth knowledge of broadband, voice, video and Wi-Fi products and technologies
- Experience in developing product roadmaps, offers, business cases, project management and accountability for delivering against business goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or related post-graduate degree preferred.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Quick learner with a strong work ethic and decision-making prowess.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions based upon market needs, competitive situations and best ROI (return on investment).
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and results-driven with a passion for delivering the optimal customer experience while making the best use of Frontier’s technology.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Must have strong analytical, reporting and organizational skills.
- Understanding of customer needs, product functionality and Frontier’s capabilities to deliver optimized end-to-end product management
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as needed to Frontier markets.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.