Analyst, Business Data
ANALYST, BUSINESS DATA
The Analyst, Business Data will provide analysis, design, implementation and support services across the Frontier Business Transformation team and provide support to other areas within the Frontier Communications organization. This position places special emphasis on the analysis and implementation of functional processes that are being proposed to the business transformation team as potential business transformation projects. This role will determine if the ROI is enough and in what priority each project should be implemented for the greatest impact to the business.
- Work closely with business owners and stakeholders to identify and analyze key business trends, identify gaps, define future requirements, develop business cases and make recommendations
- Demonstrate broad working knowledge of the department’s functional responsibilities and interdependencies with various business partners, and an in-depth knowledge of functional team responsibilities, procedures, risks and controls
- Evaluate actual business results and forecasts with a degree of healthy skepticism with the objective of improving forecast accuracy and alignment with stated company objectives
- Proactively approach management with fact-based analysis and recommendations for maximizing company profits and/or improving processes to be more effective and efficient
- Deliver in-depth analysis and understanding of results for assigned lines of business and expense categories
- Serve as liaison to assigned brand/functional areas to ensure alignment and to develop an understanding of the financial results and forecast for each
- Strong qualitative and quantitative financial analytical skills
- Strong mathematical background; comfortable working with complex relationships and formulas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional spreadsheet modeling capabilities with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with organizing and analyzing large datasets; strong database skills desired
- Extremely well organized and efficient with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently within demanding deadlines
- Strong attention to customer service; adaptable to different work styles and personalities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Results oriented individual with a high level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information
- 2 - 4 years of experience required.
- College degree or equivalent experience required
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.