Long-Distance Translations & Fraud Specialist
Reporting to the NOC Supervisor the Long-Distance Translations & Fraud Specialist is part of the Frontier Engineering LD assurance department. The team is responsible for the quality and integrity of the long-distance customer call experience through reactive and proactive applications that include fraud monitoring and prevention, along with call quality management through monitoring, reporting, and trouble ticket management.
What you’ll do:
- Management of the LD trouble queue monitoring both IP and TDM trouble tickets.
- Responding in a timely fashion to implement corrective action with both internal engineering groups and/or external vendors to get service corrected generally within 24 hours or less.
- Communicate corrective action to customer and request retest and/or confirmation of repair.
- Fraud Management of all long-distance traffic on the Frontier Network.
- Responsible for monitoring both IP and TDM switches for potential and real network breaches where traffic is not authorized through a valid Frontier customer. Fraud issues are referred to the team lead (Sr Analyst of LD assurance) for the appropriate blocking action.
- Will work closely with the Risk Management team and LD Repair team to mitigate financial risk.
- Think strategically to develop an action plan and implement a strategy for troubleshooting procedures and implement corrective actions required. Each trouble ticket requires a thorough dissection and understanding to minimize customer impact and avoid delays in service restoration.
- Will work with various engineering groups during testing and turn-up of new traffic, new switches, and IXC related traffic migrations.
What you bring:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in telecom or equivalent in customer service/oriented position.
- Must be able to work Tuesday through Saturday, and weekend hours.
- Must be able to be part of our on-call rotation for after-hours call-outs.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Frontier network, switches, and routing of long-distance calls based on state and CIC code, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to work with outside vendors, internal engineers, and field technicians, and end-user customers to obtain resolution are required.
- Strong knowledge of call flows, network architecture, SS7, and long-distance products both VOIP and TDM.
- Experience with Internal billing applications: DPI and Customer InSight
- Ability to do root cause analysis and trending and provide management with a clear understanding of findings.
- Experience working with at least one of the following Switch Access and Applications: Tektronics – SS7, CBM, Equinox, SAS – SIP SS7, Metaview Service Assurance, Metasphere EAS Provisioning, Hummingbird, and Putty
What we offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance is included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.