Engineering Manager - Outside Plant
About the role:
This position is responsible for the managing of telecommunications outside plant activities in a local serving exchange environment. The Engineering Manager is the subject matter expert for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to, cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements. The Engineering Manager is responsible for collaborating with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations departments to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities. The Engineering Manager will also support sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed. Candidates for this position must have experience engineering fiber to the home deployments.
What you’ll do:
- Successfully execute all fiber to the home deployments and initiatives.
- Oversee Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Conduct proactive reviews of outside plant facilities to determine necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to gain information on planned projects that involve growth and changes.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper project planning.
- Ensures accurate cable records and updates.
- Prepare project justifications for approvals including EWOP documents loaded into Varasset.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Assist in annual budget design.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the business.
- 10% Prepare and monitor the capital budget plan.
- 20% Manage and review OSP Engineering designs.
- 20% Maintain inter-company relations to provide information needed by sales, marketing, regulatory and operations for special projects.
- 25% Manage oversight of all OSP capital construction activities to insure conformance to requirements.
- 25% Maintain relations and communications with state agencies and municipalities.
What you’ll need:
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or a minimum of 4 years’ telecom experience related to outside plant, preferable in a local exchange environment.
- Outside plant construction and project management experience.
- Inventory management experience.
- Experience in right of way, private easement and permitting with local, state and federal entities.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on outside plant design, cable count layout, and capacities.
- Must have knowledge of telecommunications outside plant.
- Must be able to participate and lead project teams to achieve team objectives and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills are very important in discussions and meetings with engineering team, regional managers, vendors, local supervisors and technicians.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, at this time, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.