Senior IT Architect
Senior IT Architect, Enterprise Architecture - Job Description
Frontier Communications is seeking a Senior IT Architect to lead application, data, and technology architecture initiatives within the Enterprise Architecture organization. This leader will work across both the Technology organization as well as the Business Stakeholder organizations to ensure the appropriate design, utilization and governance of Frontier’s application landscape as a strategic technology and business asset.
This will require the ability to efficiently and effectively communicate and collaborate at multiple levels within a diverse set of stakeholder organizations to be successful, including both senior leadership and working teams, both process/functional teams and technical teams, and both application development and infrastructure teams.
The ability to leverage knowledge, industry experience and best practices to proactively drive definition and evolution of a long-term vision to help provide competitive differentiation, as well as driving corresponding roadmap(s) to accomplish this vision is central to the role.
The team also provides tactical support for key projects to support complex design and/or validate alignment to architectural standards to ensure functionality, scalability/performance, security, maintainability, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise-wide “quote to cash” application stacks, specifically related to product catalogs, pricing/quoting systems, and order orchestration/management platforms
- Experience with application development
- Ability to deliver short term deliverables without compromising long term value/strategy
- Proven ability to create a strategic vision and ensure that vision is clear, and the entire team is bought in on the strategy
- Ability to define and implement a framework that will enable the team to execute high quality work at a rapid pace
- Strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- This Senior IT Architect will work closely with many stakeholders and partners providing direction and leadership outside of a reporting relationship
- Open to constructive feedback; openly invites opinions and perspectives of others
- Adapts their own approach to the audience, preparing for and working through possible challenges or resistance
- Inspires people by engaging them in dialogue to gain commitment and bring them on board, linking their perspective to the intent
- Expertise in strategic and creative principles that will develop big, disruptive ideas deeply rooted in customer insights
- Preferred: architecture experience within the communications services industry
- Preferred: TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Forum) certification or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - from talking to software engineers to senior leadership
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required
- High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in defining solutions and leading large programs
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.