Network Engineering Specialist
Frontier Communications is seeking a Network Engineer who will be responsible for outside plant (OSP) engineering and planning for all locations as assigned.
Prepare estimate costs and scope of work plans for commercial revenue projects, manage the outside plant queue in the M6 database, and provide proper justification for the design and construction of OSP telecommunications equipment and material.
- Plan new builds for OSP facilities and submit them for budget consideration.
- Copper and fiber design for aerial, buried, and underground environments.
- M6 Queue management for all OSP activity.
- Serve as liaison between the company and outside agencies such as other telephone companies, Department of Highways, Power Companies, customers in general, and property owners.
- Work cohesively with OSP Engineering, Broadband Engineering, and Transport Engineering to provide the best network solution for future opportunities.
- Must have knowledge of AC/DC theory; aerial, buried, and underground OSP engineering;
- strong communication skills both orally and written;
- computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Skills in Infinium, AS400, Varasset, M6, CRT, and PROPHET
Preferred five (5) years experience in the telecommunications field with qualified exposure to various fields of engineering.
- Strong Computer Skills in Window Products and must be able to learn new computer programs as required to perform job functions.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED Certificate. Preferred education would be Bachelor's Degree in related fields.
- Physical demands involve working extended hours where necessary, minimal overnight travel, driver's license, able to work at a computer station for extended periods, able to work outside in extreme heat/cold, and assume on-call supervisor duties as needed.
- Knowledge of CAD drawing and utilization of company FROGS system.
- Permit processes for ODOT, City, County
Ft. Wayne, IN
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.