Manager, Government and Regulatory Affairs
Manager, Government and External Affairs
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Manager of Government and External Affairs will have responsibility for managing/supporting Frontier’s relationship with municipal, state and federal agencies. This position will focus largely on docket control and working with the state public utilities commissions (PUC), state legislatures and local government agencies in California and Nevada. Primary responsibilities include:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Effectively communicate internally and externally to achieve common goals.
- Effectively interpret regulatory actions to ascertain any impact on the company, including the identification of favorable business opportunities or potential threats, including written analysis, advocacy papers and other written material necessary to explain impacts internally and advance Frontier’s interests externally.
- Coordinate with Frontier departments to resolve escalations from the PUC and local governments regarding voice, video and broadband services and network compliance matters brought to Frontier’s attention. Effectively research customer complaints/billing inquiries/municipal inquiries and provide concise and timely responses.
- Understand and interpret state regulatory rules and compliance requirements to effectively communicate and coordinate with team members to gather necessary data and information necessary to respond to FCC and Commission data requests and surveys.
- Monitor, track and manage ongoing regulatory compliance items, including filing reports and responding to data requests from settlement parties and the PUC.
- Assist in the review and approval of California state video franchise annual filings and with PUC and applications to transfer local franchise agreements to the state franchise as they expire.
- Understand tariff language and provide support to product and marketing teams, including review of proposed filings.
- Facilitate implementation of state and federal programs.
- Represent Frontier with key stakeholders including city authorities and other government agencies positive and proactive outreach. This may include attending city council meetings, PUC hearings, etc.
- Communicate effectively with state authorities during extreme weather events that impact services to customers.
- Support legislative affairs effort by assisting with research, tracking, analyzing and developing positions on proposed legislation, including meetings with key stakeholders.
- Act as the liaison with community-based and diversity-based organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of telecommunications or related experience with regulatory or compliance background.
- Strong knowledge of MS, PowerPoint, Word and Excel is a must, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams, ability to understand complex data sets.
- Proven ability to comprehend and respond to complex legal and regulatory documents.
- Experience with query tools (sql or brio) is a big plus.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
- Ability to work independently and successfully address multiple priorities and stakeholders concurrently.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a distributed team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.