Communications Technician (internet I&R)
Title: Communications Technician
Location: Elko, NV
Union: IBEW 1245/314
Internal Posting: 2/27/23 to 3/10/23
- Must perform telephone and high speed internet (data) installation and repair, meeting quality standards and Company practices.
- Must be able to do a full HSI installation
- Must be able to install modems, routers and wireless internet.
- Must be able to load software.
- Must have working knowledge of personal computers and laptops.
- Must have a working knowledge of cable and cable terminals.
- Must be able to perform basic splicing (training will be provided).
- Must be able to work when needed and in all types of weather.
- Must inter act with work forces to coordinate and disseminate information to complete job assignments and with other sections to attain Company service objectives.
- Must maintain a professional image.
- Must support and participate in promotion of Company products
- Must be physically able to perform duties of the job to include:
- Lifting tools and ladders.
- Set up ladder on house, pole and cable and climb to working height.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Climb pole using only climbers hooks to cable height after Company provided training.
- Handle all necessary materials and supplies.
- Must be able to use a computer (laptop) show that you can log on, log off, use windows, and get job assignments, sign off jobs, and do timesheets using Company provided programs with Company provided training by the end of the qualifying period.
- Must be able to work under pressure, handle stress and follow directions.
- Must pass pole climbing during the qualifying period.
- Must perform other duties as assigned, provided the employee is qualified to do so
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must meet weight requirement for the standard (ANSI, where applicable) for all equipment provided by or available to the Company, taking into account the weight of tools & apparel
- Must be physically fit to perform job (must be able to lift 80 lbs).
- Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Must have good oral and written communications skills.
- Must have an understanding of basic electricity
- Must demonstrate the ability to use a Volt OHM meter.
- Must be PC literate – working knowledge of office applications and software
- Must be able to work shifts, days, nights, evenings (depending on tour selection) and work overtime and emergency call outs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.