Call Center Operations Specialist
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Call Center Operations Specialist - Job Description
The Technical Support Organization is on a path to revolutionize the customer experience. We strive to deliver personalized solutions that enable our tech support representatives to service our customers in a timely, yet effective manner. The TSO’s goal is to leave a lasting positive impression with every customer with whom we interact. The TSO has a need for a dedicated Specialist to manage the inbound and outbound customer communications experience. The TSO has grown to handle communications across multiple channels including calls / chats / mobile application and SMS. The TSO Specialist will grow the channels to include a moderated forum within the .com and social media space.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working background in project management and be comfortable addressing and resolving complex problems. We are seeking someone with the ability to blend technology with timely and effective business solutions. Experience in Agile Methodology is preferred.
Under the guidance of the TSO strategy team, this key position is responsible for the analysis of systems, tools and resources used by both the end-user (customer) and technical support (TSO). The candidate will dedicatedly identify points of failure, thinking creatively about challenges, and collaborating with the business to implement solutions and improvements. The user will need to think big while using data to drive decisions. You will challenge standard conventions to drive innovation.
Responsible for the following: development of project milestones, project schedules, tracking project costs, tracking the design, development, and testing progress of the project, documenting and tracking issues and risks, communication of project status to management.
Responsible for working with vendor, contract, or internal IT delivery resources to define project scope, technical requirements and determine high level estimates
Defines resources and schedule for project implementation.
Oversee (or perform) the Business Analyst role of gathering requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Projects in Sprints / Agile and track in Jira as needed
- Responsible for the following: development of project milestones, project schedules, tracking the design, development, and testing progress of the project, documenting and tracking issues and risks, communication of project status to management.
- Responsible for working with vendor, contract, or internal IT delivery resources to define project scope, technical requirements and determine high level estimates
- Defines resources and schedule for project implementation.
- Oversee (or perform) the Business Analyst role of gathering requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team to ensure business goals are achieved
- Engage business stakeholders to identify and incorporate business owned project tasks and dependencies
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Provides regular and timely Project status updates to project team and leadership as needed to ensure Projects are meeting agreed upon timeline
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Ensures projects are on schedule and deadlines are met
- Efficiently identifies, escalates and solves project issues.
- Demonstrates leadership
- High school diploma or GED required
- College degree is a plus or 3 or more years as a Lead in Technical Support Operations
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Visio and Jira
- Customer driven and a team player, with strong interpersonal and customer interface skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, process and detailed oriented, a self-starter who is highly motivated to obtain goals/results.
- Candidate must excel in communication / presentation skills, both oral and written, and tailor communication to various levels of the organization
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Must be able to work and prioritize in a fast-paced changing environment while coordinating multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear and concise project documentation
- Effectively manages client expectations and escalations
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a larger team
- Ability to work under minimal direction
- Ability to think logically in solving assigned problems and to present recommendations with clarity in written and graphic form
- Demonstrate ability to lead and manage technical professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills including team building, coaching and mentoring
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.