Senior Network Engineer
About this role:
The ideal candidate will work with internal teams and industry leaders in developing Frontier’s ability to provide SD-WAN based network connectivity to its customers over a variety of topologies and vendors in a secure environment.
The candidate should have extensive experience with enterprise or service provider networking as well as experience in with Managed SD-WAN in a service provider or large enterprise network. He or she should also have experience in at least one automation platform such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Cloudify, etc.
Most importantly, the successful candidate should be able to communicate complex technical concepts and architectures both verbally and in written forms to senior leadership as well as to the engineering and operations teams.
What you’ll do:
- Work with other architects as well as product and marketing teams to develop a roadmap for managed enterprise applications
- Work with industry leading vendors and organizations to create high level designs as well as perform proof of concepts and lab testing in one of several Frontier labs
- Develop standards and best practices to onboard and deploy new Virtual Network Functions, security, and SD-WAN vendors
- Specify and help build tooling and automation to scale, monitor, and troubleshoot the health of the service infrastructure
- Drive ongoing design decisions for Frontier’s managed enterprise applications
- At least 2 years in a Network Architect role working with (preferably) multiple SD-WAN architecture (Nuage, Velocloud, Versa, etc.)
- 5-7 Years in Enterprise or Service Provider network architecture roles
- Experience with implementing VNFs in a public or private cloud environment
- Proficiency with infrastructure as code tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Juju, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Proficiency with Python or other commonly used scripting language
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.